Jefferson Solutions, the government consulting company of Jefferson Consulting Group, a well-respected, small government consulting firm seeks a highly qualified individual to serve as an Business Operations Program Associate on a contract with USAID's DRG Center.
The DRG Program Associates are intended to serve as staff to support technical and management aspects of the DRG Center and its operations. Each Program Associate will be recruited and/or assigned to support up to three teams in the Center. Program Associates will help manage mechanisms intended to advance DRG objectives, as well as ensure that the DRG Center is in compliance with USAID’s statutory program design and pre-obligation requirements so that all programs are designed and implemented in accordance with legal requirements and Agency policies.
Program Associates will be responsible for supporting the Center’s annual program reporting requirements (e.g. Performance Plan and Report (PPR), Annual Performance Report (APR), program design and procurement processes, working with technical teams to develop the DRG Center’s annual Operational Plan (OP), DRG Center Portfolio Reviews, advising technical teams on program cycle policies and requirements, program monitoring and evaluation, liaising with the bureau Program Office, Office of Acquisition and Assistance, and the Office of Legislative and Public Affairs, as well as other program support duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience supporting or managing foreign assistance with an emphasis on democracy assistance;
- Demonstrated experience with program management, including the full range of functions in USAID’s program cycle
- Demonstrated experience with monitoring, data collection and analysis to inform program learning
- Demonstrated experience supporting program performance and/or financial management in international development
- Demonstrated experience developing scopes of work or terms of reference for activities, grants, contracts, or cooperative agreements
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate effective partnerships and collaborate within diverse teams.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining program files and record keeping.
Duties to be performed:
- Provide daily management and support for all stages of USAID’s Program Cycle for the DRG Center, including Congressional reporting (e.g. OP, PPR, APR), new activity designs and approvals, quarterly Center portfolio reviews, and strategic performance. Coordinate reporting from DRG Center teams to meet deadlines. In support of these deliverables, capture data relating to program performance and operations along with data analysis and database reporting as required.
- Manage DRG Center finances by preparing incremental funding and other financial management paperwork to comply with Agency rules and regulations. Adjust or revise budget estimates based on budget analysis and to accommodate variations in funding requirements. Monitor the use and rate of expenditure of budgeted funds for DRG Center Teams. Ensure accuracy by verifying system entries and calculations.
- Support teams with acquisition and assistance agreement preparation and assist with the resolution of questions related to a variety of grant/agreement issues, including Office of Acquisition and Assistance (OAA) award practices, new guidance and program needs. Keep abreast of timetables and upcoming deadlines, along with key OAA Procurement Action Lead Time (PALT) milestones prior to awards. Monitor and track approval of pending contract, grant, and personnel actions, scopes of work, and other procurement instruments.
- Provide additional support as needed to assist DRG Teams with USAID’s Program Cycle. Provide assistance with various policy, planning and reporting processes across the Center when directed and as appropriate.
- Serve as an activity manager for DRG projects, performing the full range of project management functions. Analyze and prepare program status reports for review at all levels.
- Develop/contribute to the development of strategies and plans for DRG development programs/projects.
- Identify and document the trends, best practices and strategic approaches in DRG programming, as well as reporting on accomplishments in achievement of the strategic outcomes.
- Contribute to the development of training programs to help assure that the Agency's democracy cadre is up-to-date on current thinking regarding best practices and applies state-of-the-art knowledge of key issues.
- Contributes to the preparation of briefing papers and reports on technical activities; prepares communication materials related to progress for the Assistant Administrator, other AID offices, Congressional committees and other federal agencies; briefs senior staff regularly on interagency issues and priorities and recommends appropriate courses of action; in collaboration with the Bureaus for Legislative and Public Affairs and for Program, Planning and Learning, responds to inquiries from members of Congress or their staffs on matters related to USAID-supported democracy assistance programs.
- Liaise, coordinate, and collaborate on Agency policies, priorities, procedures, and DRG programming as appropriate.
- Obtains programmatic clearances for packages and taskers and maintains and updates program trackers.
- Assist AOR/CORs with award management responsibilities, including filing and data systems responsibilities in the Agency’s ASIST, GLAAS, and Phoenix systems. ● Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree and five (5) years of experience
- Experience with GLAAS, ASIST and Phoenix Systems preferred
- Experience with Microsoft suite including Sharepoint
Jefferson Consulting Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic data, veteran status or any category protected by law.