This position is located in the Human Resources Management Division, Executive Office of the Bureau of International Security and Non proliferation (ISN-PM-VCI/EX/HR). The Executive Office has been designated as a Center of Excellence (CoE) for Human Resources.
This position is one of two parallel Branch Chiefs, in the HR Management Division/Center of Excellence.
If eligible, applicants to this announcement may be referred to other positions in other Bureaus/Offices in the Department.
Learn more about this agency
- Supervise a staff consisted of six-to-ten HR Specialists and two support positions
- Responsible for planning, developing, administering, coordinating and overseeing the complete range of delegated HR functions.
- Serves as the Center's representative in inter-agency and intra-bureau working groups to present, defend, and negotiate positions as a recognized representative of senior management.
- Interviews prospective employees for the Branch. Provides familiarization and technical instruction for employees who need them.
- Assists the Executive Director in Bureau reorganizations. Leads the reorganization effort providing advice on best utilization of staff and resources. Keeps supervisors and employees advised of changes as they are directly or indirectly affected .
- Job family (Series)
0201 Human Resources Management
- Human Resources Specialists
- Specialists, Human Resources
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Incumbent will be subject to random drug testing.
- One year probationary period, unless excepted by regulation.
- New supervisors must successfully complete a 1 year probationary period.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
- Verification of employment eligibility in the United States is required.
Applicants must meet all the required qualification requirements, including education, and any selective placement factors described below by the closing date of this announcement.
If you are qualifying based on education OR if there are mandatory education requirements listed below, you MUST submit a copy of your college transcript with your application.
NOTE: Applicants must meet time-in-grade and time after competitive appointment requirements, by the closing date of this announcement.
Time-In-Grade Requirements: Federal applicants must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade to satisfy time-in-grade restrictions, per 5CFR 300, Subpart F.Applicants must have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 level in the Federal service which provided the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position.
Qualifying specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
- Experience providing a full range of recruitment and staffing activities , position classification, position management and workforce analysis, employee benefits, performance management, employee and labor-management relations and human resources consultation.
- Experience developing, recommending and/or implementing new of modified approaches to management of HR programs.
There is no substitute of education for specialized experience for the GS-14 position.
In addition, applicant's experience must also demonstrate that the candidate possesses the following qualities:
- Ability to assign, review, and supervise the work of others;
- Objectivity and fairness in judging people on their ability, and situations on the facts and circumstances;
- Ability to adjust to change, work pressures, or difficult situations without undue stress;
- Willingness to consider new ideas or divergent points of view; and
- Capacity to “see the job through.“
See the qualifications section of this vacancy announcement for education requirements, if applicable.