Ria is looking to hire a qualified a Store Manager for our retail business in Washington, DC. The main objective of the position is to manage the overall activity of the stores taking care of its performance and accountable for the P&L of the branch.
Directly manages Sales Associates and oversees daily operations within different locations to help them achieve and exceed their sales goals. Must always be aware of the competition to maintain the locations competitive in all the different areas, such as marketing, revenue (prices and foreign exchange) and cost control. Oversee the training of Store Managers and Sales Associates to help grow customer relationships by identifying opportunities and ensure that the cross-selling of our different products is always paramount.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which includes but is not limited to:
- Responsible for achieving pre-determined sales goals and transactionsâ volume objectives in order to increase profits for the assigned locations
- Responsible for implementing grass roots and/or marketing campaigns to increase sales in all different locations
- Perform market & competitive analysis, identify trends to meet or exceed goals
- Responsible for developing his/her direct reports into a sales-oriented team Responsible for developing his/her direct reports into a highly efficient and effective customer service-oriented team
- Responsible for keeping the branches in good condition and whenever possible improve the quality of them
- Responsible for motivating employees of branches for which he/she is responsible
- Ensure customer service procedures are being met by Store Managers and Sales Associates to the highest levels in a prompt, courteous, and professional manner
- Responsible for compliance with the Policies and Procedures/Operations manual of the branch and the company.
- Enforce corporate policies, procedures and regulatory requirements including but not limited to USA PATRIOT ACT, Anti-Money Laundering and Bank Secrecy Act
- Expertly identify customerâs needs, cross sell additional products and services
- Facilitate an environment that ensures teamwork within the team
- Review and discuss with Store Managers and/or District Manager the Associatesâ schedules to assure that sufficient staff is available during the storeâs hours of operations to minimize wait times and enhance service levels
- Provide assistance as necessary to Sales Associates or Store Managers with special or difficult internal transactions, problems or customer inquiries
- Provide follow-up guidance by instructing Sales Associates or Store Managers in the handling of problem areas or transactions.
- Coach the staff to improve customer service, sales and operations skills
- Maintain store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and if necessary training employees
- Maintain store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results, all of these in communication and coordination with the District Manager
- Responsible for ensuring that all employees on his/her assigned area are discipline appropriately when needed and according to the Company and Operations policies.
- Ensure availability of merchandise by maintaining inventories.
- Ensure that all safety and security procedures are followed
- Complete all paperwork and documentation according to guidelines and deadlines.
- Continuously review with Store Managers and Sales Associate the performance of the location to ensure that financial store goals are achieve
- Ensure that all work and money is balanced at the end of day
- Monitor Sales Associates differences, attendance records, and vacation schedules as needed
- Perform Store Manager and/or Sales Associate duties as may be required
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of all RIA products and services
- Strong knowledge of all applicable regulations including Patriot Act, Bank Secrecy Act. AML, store Manager roll and responsibilities related to each regulation
- Strong basic computer skills
- Ability to demonstrate good judgement; decision making and discretion
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment as well as work well under pressure
- Ability to give direction, set limits and hold people accountable for high performance
- Ability to create an environment that promotes customer service internally and externally, building lasting relationships with exceptional customer service
- Ability to use office machines (telephone, computer, printer, copy machine, shredder, currency counter, fax machine, etc.)
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Availability to work on weekends and/or extended hours and regular, reliable attendance is critical.
- High degree of accuracy
- Strong communication and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, well organized and able to prioritize
- Leadership multitasking and training skills
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Professional in appearance and in verbal communication
- Bilingual (fluent verbal and written)
Training and Experience:
Bachelorâs Degree preferred or as minimum High School diploma
One to three years of face to face customer service experience required
Related money transmitter/finance/banking experience preferred, but not necessary
Ability to strive for and obtain customer satisfaction
Cash handling experience required.