Requisition Number: SENIO01878
ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality.
Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account.
ONE’s members are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives — and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Special Assistant to the President and CEO will work as the primary point of contact for the ONE Campaign’s principal executive, the President and Chief Executive Officer (P/CEO). They will manage the information flow between the P/CEO and both internal and external stakeholders as well as their time and priorities. The Special Assistant will act as the P/CEO’s thought partner by connecting dots between all areas of their professional engagements.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
Oversee the P/CEO’s Calendar
- Maintain an accurate and detailed calendar for the P/CEO, manage and log incoming scheduling requests, schedule meetings, proactively communicate changes, and anticipate and respond to scheduling needs.
- Partner with the Chief of Staff and Content & Communications team to anticipate and strategize internal and external engagements.
- Maintain the team tracker of all invitations received by the P/CEO and ensure that all invitations are responded to and executed on in coordination with the CEO team.
- Organize internal and external meetings, including notifying attendees, reserving conference rooms, drafting, and distributing agendas, tasking out briefing documents, taking minutes, and circulating minutes after the meetings.
Manage CEO Team Processes
- Develop and maintain systems and processes to ensure smooth CEO Team operation including paper flow, clearances, and correspondence.
- Track all items that need the President & CEO’s review and collaborate closely with colleagues to ensure timelines are agreed upon, target dates are met, and goals accomplished.
- Ensure the President & CEO completes all tasks and share outcomes with appropriate colleagues.
- Coordinate all travel logistics including making reservations for flights, hotels, and transportation.
- Create agendas that allow the P/CEO to focus on high impact activities during trips.
- Compile all briefing documents in advance of trips to ensure the P/CEO is set-up for success while on the road.
- Accompany the P/CEO on key travel, domestic and international, providing on-the-go support (roughly 25% of the time).
- Manage, organize, and evaluate all electronic and print correspondence directed to the P/CEO to analyze those that require priority attention.
- Prepare draft replies to incoming correspondence.
- Work with the Chief of Staff and Content & Communications team to send regular communications to key stakeholders including ONE’s various governing boards, donors, and the CEO’s equivalents at peer institutions.
- Work closely with the President and CEO to keep her informed and prepared for upcoming commitments and responsibilities.
- Prepare written and PowerPoint materials for presentations, meetings, conferences, and board meetings.
- Perform research on various issues and organizations as required.
- Own special projects and autonomous assignments as required.
- Proofread and analyze incoming memos, documents, and submissions and ensure there are no spelling or grammatical errors.
- Track and reconcile monthly credit card statements and complete and submit expense reports in a timely manner.
- Maintain P/CEO’s contacts in ONE’s CRM.
- Assist with approving expenses for the P/CEO.
- Track timecards/leave requests for Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and maintain a calendar of when SLT members are out of office.
- May require some work on evenings or weekends including travel as needed
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; 4+ years’ relevant professional experience including project management, event planning and providing high touch executive-level support
- Experience working with an event management system a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and experience working with large data sets
- Strong attention to detail; ability to consistently produce timely and error-free work
- Excellent judgment and proven ability to handle confidential information
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Strong ability to plan, organize, prioritize work, and multi-task to meet tight deadlines in a fast- paced environment
- Superb professionalism and diplomacy
- Ability to interact with high-level individuals and build and maintain relationships
- Enthusiastic team member with the ability to collaborate well with others
- General interest and dedication to the mission of ONE and (RED)
- An understanding of the complexities surrounding collaboration in a global matrix organization
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Collaborative mindset and strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates critical thinking, communication, and relationship-building skills
- Takes action and is results focused
- Flexible and resourceful approach
- Independent problem solver
Fluency in English required. Proficiency in other languages highly preferred such as French and German a plus.
Post COVID-19 restrictions, roughly travel up to 25% international and/or domestic.
Standard office and remote work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
If you are ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, please submit a resume and cover letter to this opening at ONE jobs (http://www.one.org/jobs).
ONE is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please visit the Contact Us page on the web). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner.
ONE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Due to the number of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.