The Solutions Consultant directly interfaces with existing and new State, Local and Higher Education customers to listen and gather customer requirements for needed services. Working closely with customers and internal teams from SLED Sales, Product Development, and Customer Success, the Solutions Consultant develops solutions within current Workiva products to meet customer needs. The Solutions Consultant is responsible for listening to customer challenges and gathering customer requirements in order to develop consulting services to enable our customers to better leverage current Workiva products.
What is the software (Wdesk and Wdata):
Wdesk, Workiva's cloud-based platform, synchronizes all the core application needs—word processing, spreadsheets, presentations and data collection—into a single dashboard that allows users to interact in real time and link both documents and data together, dramatically enhancing efficiencies within an Organization’s Finance function. Wdata, a complimentary Wdesk product, centralizes financial and nonfinancial data from diverse sources into a cloud solution. Data is gathered, prepared and enriched before connecting to Wdesk for reporting and analysis. Wdesk and Wdata can be used across Financial Reporting, FP&A, Audit, Internal Controls and Tax across state, state agencies, cities, counties, special districts and higher education.
What You'll Do:
- Become a technical and application expert of Workiva’s innovative cloud-technology platform
- Partner with Regional Sales Directors, SME and Customer Success teams to work with SLED customers to determine their challenges and requirements
- Design customized solutions to meet customer needs and successfully reinvent their finance processes
- Create custom demo solutions for customers and prospective customers
- Implement designed solutions for customers
- Provide project and relationship management to larger customers with broader needs
- Work with sales to build and present business cases and proposals for customers and prospects that articulate Workiva’s value and ROI
- Collect feedback from the field and provides it to Product Marketing and Product Development
- Manage issue resolution or assist client as appropriate depending on the type of engagement
- Provide client training on Wdesk application
- Work closely with Workiva customer support team members to ensure smooth onboarding of customers and their long term success with our SAAS platform
What You'll Need:
- 3+ years’ experience in professional services, consulting, advisory, software sales and/or software demonstration required
- 2+ years’ experience working for a public entity (federal, state & local government or public higher education) or in a consultant, advisory or sales capacity for a public entity preferred
- Experience with complex government reporting including the Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports (CAFR), Single Audit, Budget Book and other reports produced by a public entity strongly preferred
- Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM) is preferred
- Active CPA is preferred
- Analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to learn and apply technologies to address business challenges.
- Excellent project management skills
- Knowledge of process improvement or process reengineering concepts a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Technology preferred
- Strong understanding of office productivity suites including MS Office, Google Docs, Sharepoint and others.
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to be a self-starter while being able to work collaboratively in a team setting
- Ability to travel up to 70% to meet new and existing customers, internal trainings and attend industry conferences
- Remote candidates will ideally be based near a major hub airport
Where You’ll Work:
We firmly believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. Workiva offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you to thrive, which is why we provide you with perks like:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Purchase company stock at a 15% discounted rate.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Work-life Balance: Start with 40 hours of paid time off on your first day, accruing up to 120 in your first year and increases based on years of service. Many departments allow team members to work remotely on an as needed basis.
- Health & Wellness: Need a break? Hit the relaxation room, or take a bike ride.
- Extras: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even four dog-friendly offices (Ames, Bozeman, Missoula and New York City).
- Learn more on the Workiva LinkedIn page:https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/