FWG Solutions is a rapidly growing systems integrator and premier small business provider of technology services to government and commercial clients. We are a trusted provider of cybersecurity, logistics, advanced engineering and operational support services to the United States Department of Defense (DoD), Intelligence Community and Federal Civilian agencies. We are a quality driven organization that leverages its ISO 20000-1:2011, ISO 27001:2013 and CMMI quality standards, certifications and service delivery expertise to support all of our clients.
FWG Solutions has an immediate need for a Senior Security Engineer to support this DHS SOC Program.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgment and the ability to coordinate multiple, concurrent tasks in an effective manner.
- Work with internal, Agile based multi-disciplinary team to ensure the systems are functional, secure, and scalable.
- Design and develop cyber security technology along with integration of new architectural features into existing infrastructures while maintaining the integrity and security of enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks.
- The systems and networks developed will be used to collect and process data and improve the DHS SOC security infrastructure.
- 10+ years of hands-on general infrastructure administration and system engineering
- Experience with 2+ of the following areas
- Implementing STIG / NIST / OSCAP frameworks on RHEL
- Experience with SELinux
- Building custom kickstart files to manage partitions and systems configuration
- Automating bare metal deployments with Satellite server
- Linux security & systems engineering, design, and support
- Network administration and design
- Configuring and managing virtualized environments
- Network access, identity and access management (e.g., public key infrastructure, PKI).
- Experience with Python and Shell Scripting
- Experience with system engineering and network and system administration as related to orchestration and automated deployments
- Experience with the tools used to design, build, deploy, and maintain infrastructure in a variety of cloud environments (GitLab CI, Ansible Tower, JIRA, Jenkins, Satellite).
- Experience with Direct Customer Engagement
- Experience with Requirements Identification and decomposition
- Experience working with developers and process improvement
- Experience identifying new tools and/or required upgrades based on ROI
- Experience and knowledge with designing, building, deploying, and maintaining infrastructure in cloud environments
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with AWS
- Hands on Ansible experience
- RHCSA/RHCE Certification
- Recent security operations center (SOC) experience
- Hands on OpenStack Experience
- Mastery in applying systems administration and system engineering/ security theories, concepts, methods and best practices throughout the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Mastery in defining solutions using security architecture requirements and customer requirements
- Mastery in designing secure, scalable, highly available fault tolerant cloud systems
- Experience with system engineering cloud services based on data, compute, database and cybersecurity requirements
- Department of Homeland Security ESOC employees are required to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance to support this program.
- Candidates should possess a Secret, TS/SCI, or existing EOD with DHS.
- US Citizenship is required
This opportunity offers career development and growth, competitive compensation, and a robust benefits package with 4 Weeks PTO w/ rollover, 11 paid holidays, company paid events and training, 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
FWG holds multiple government contracting vehicles as a Prime Contractor to include: 8(a) Direct Award; HUBZone - Direct Award; GSA IT-70; Army Accent; Army ITES-3S; AFSFC IT BPA.
FWG Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, pregnancy, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, disability, genetic information/history or any other personal characteristic protected by law. FWG welcomes all individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply for our jobs.