Direct Impact, a leading grassroots communications firm and division of BCW (Burson Cohn & Wolfe), seeks a mid-level professional capable of fulfilling the project accounting and cost reporting requirements of multiple projects including: day to day interface with corporate office accounting staff, project management, and client and sub-contractor personnel. The ideal candidate will bring approximately 4+ years of accounting experience in Public Relations or a similar industry.
- Set up of new projects, the transfer of employee billable hours and/or expenses in company system.
- Interface with the billing team, accounts payables team and client service team with counsel on client billing, relative to consultant invoicing and reimbursable expenses.
- Monthly analyze the P&L accounts as assigned by the Finance Director.
- Assist Finance Director in monthly financial close.
- Prepare special project analysis for the Finance Director and President.
- Provide year-end support of auditor requirements, which may include research and reconciliation.
- Report to the Finance Director and/or the Project Manager on project costs as they relate to budgeted amounts and their impact on project profitability.
- Interface with corporate accounting staff in dealing with payables issues, billing issues and revenue recognition.
- Client billing for assigned accounts.
- Perform additional assignments as directed by the Finance Director.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business or equivalent
- 4-6 years of accounting experience in Public Relations or a similar industry.
- Proficient communication, interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills.
- A thorough knowledge of standard contract terms, including hourly, fixed fee, not-to-exceed and how they are applied in the billing process.
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including experience in word processing, spreadsheets and accounting software.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a changing work environment.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.