Provides confidential administrative support to Senior Vice Presidents and/or Executive Vice Presidents and their departments, while demonstrating a high degree of discretion, diplomacy, and professionalism.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintains calendars, resolves obstacles regarding potential schedule conflicts, and coordinates meeting logistics, including travel arrangements, presentations and agendas
- Gathers information and successfully completes assigned tasks to support the successful functioning of the department(s)
- Recommends changes/innovative solutions to address problems and improve work guidelines, systems and processes as needed
- Completes administrative tasks, with a high level of attention to detail, including: composing correspondence and memoranda; screening/directing incoming calls and mail; processing and filing purchase requisitions, invoices, and PCard reconciliations; etc.
- Provides analytical or project assistance to others in department
- Interacts with internal and external audiences to interpret guidelines and procedures and/or to resolve daily problems associated with programs, systems and services
- Responds to and directs inquiries from company officers, outside attorneys, other utilities, federal administrative agencies and gas industry trade associations and contacts same to convey corporate and/or confidential or sensitive information
- Performs other administrative duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- High School Diploma/GED required
- 7• Years of administrative support experience required (10-15 years strongly preferred), preferably at the executive level required
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential matters in a professional manner using discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy.
- Strong attention to detail, as well as strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze/interpret information and identify relevant issues in solving problems.
- Proven ability to use computer software and applications, including Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint to share, retrieve, and research business information. May be required to pass pre-employment tests such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with supervisors, peers and outside contacts.
WGL is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
WGL is an EEO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled