Alpha Omega Integration, LLC. is actively seeking a Scrum Master to join our Operations team. The team member will be responsible for managing the Scrum process with the coordination of scrum team in Agile methodology.
Position title: Scrum Master
Work Location: Remote through COVID, then potential for work relocation to Washington, DC metro area
- Facilitate team for better creativity and tries to improve the efficiency of the development team.
- Responsible for managing the Scrum process with the coordination of scrum team in Agile methodology.
- Responsible to remove the impediments for the Scrum team.
- Arrange daily stand-up meetings, facilitate meetings, schedule meetings, demo and decision-making processes in order to ensure quick inspection and proper use of adaptation process.
- Helps product owner to make the product backlogs in good shape and make them ready for the next sprint.
- Responsible for overseeing and coordinating retrospective meetings.
- Organizes and facilitates the sprint planning meeting.
- Acts as safeguard for the team.
- 6+ years experience with Agile to include at least 2 years of performing as an Agile scrum coach
- Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.
- Good skills to coach team how to follow agile scrum, which really works.
- Understand the basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development.
- Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches, like: Kanban, Crystal, FDD, XP, etc.
- Knowledge about other methodologies other than Agile-Scrum, so that he can explain other methodologies to motivate the team.
- Basic knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand the teams needs.
- Should have knowledge about Agile techniques like: User Stories, Continuous Integration, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Ability to take and understand commitments to deliver the product on time.
- Know about the value of metrics and incremental delivery.
- Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.
- Familiar with common development practices, Service oriented environments, and Agile practices.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate certification or the AWS Certified Networking Specialty certification.
- Bachelors degree in information technology or engineering field
Alpha Omega Integration, LLC (Alpha Omega) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Alpha Omega will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Alpha Omega does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as “protected status).”