Position: Regional Sales Manager - Federal Agencies
Location: Washington, DC
At Zscaler, we are on a mission to redefine network security for the Cloud and Mobile-First World.
The cloud and mobility are creating a mega-shift that's disrupting 30 years of networking and security infrastructure. Traditional network security architecture is no longer suitable for the cloud and mobile-first world.
Zscaler is a pioneer and leader in cloud security and we are enabling the world's leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for the cloud and mobile-first world.
With a solution born and built 100% in the cloud, Zscaler employees have built and operate a massive, global cloud security architecture, delivering the entire gateway security stack as a service. By providing fast, secure connections between users and applications, regardless of device, location, or network.
We process over 60 billion transactions a day in our cloud and protect our customers from over 125 million security threats daily. We became a publicly traded company with our IPO in March 2018 and are experiencing tremendous growth in all areas of the business.
Come and join our team and be part of this exciting transformation to cloud-based security.
Regional Sales Manager
Are you looking for an opportunity to have significant impact at a great company while building your sales career? Zscaler is seeking a high-energy, high activity Regional Sales Manager to drive new business and upsell revenue across several verticals.
The Regional Sales Manager will take ownership of revenue generation, develop new opportunities, manage pipeline, build & execute account strategies, close large enterprise-level deals, and lead customer expansion for our award-winning Cloud based Security as a Service Platform. This role will cover a combination of Federal civilian, DOD and intelligence agencies, but the emphasis is on Federal civilian.
If you have a consistent track record of success and possess the intelligence and aptitude to position the benefits of an enterprise grade groundbreaking platform, as well as the critical thinking to drive a complex enterprise sales process, within a 2.0 business model - then please keep reading.
Your path for success – our expectations of you within first 30/60 Days:
- Identify, research and formalize a comprehensive territory strategy using all of the resources provided you, which include: field marketing, inside lead/demand generation, channel/partner alliance teams
- Familiarize yourself with Zscaler's services and messaging and understand how we do things.
- Establish and develop a strategy for creating demand within your named accounts or assigned territory.
Your path for success – our expectations of you within first 90 Days:
- Drive complex sales-cycles which include our entire portfolio of services and present to Director, VP, and C-level executives.
- Work effectively with senior management and corporate counsel, negotiate contracts and provide all follow-up to deliver signed contracts
- Document daily sales activities in Salesforce, prepare accurate reports and forecasts, manage pipeline and perform other tasks necessary to drive sales revenue and communicate activities to sales management.
- Master Zscaler's messaging and competently present our proposition to your team.
- Develop your pipeline through a combination of cold calling, targeted account marketing, targeted account events, email campaigns, market sector knowledge/intelligence and by working closely with our channel partners on account mapping.
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop and/or execute in-territory or vertically-focused field marketing campaigns to drive awareness and lead generation
- Deliver quarterly business reports to Sales Leadership on the health and engagement status of the territory, target verticals, solution requirements, key competitors, etc.
What we expect from you:
- Federal agencies sales experience - USDA, DOD, Dept of Commerce, Dept of Educ, DOE, Dept. of HHS, Dept of Homeland Security*, HUD, DOI, DOJ, DOL, DOS, DOT, Dept of Treasury, Dept of VA
- Strongly preferred successful sales track record selling to Dept Homeland Security *
- Our strong preference is a validated successful background in selling either Internet and Security technologies such as SWG, Sandboxing, FireWall, DLP, and VPNs or Network transformation technologies such as MPLS, SD-WAN or WAN Optimization. Alternatively, we would consider someone with a successful track record in Enterprise SaaS sales.
- You have a working knowledge of web based security and network infrastructure, Security Proxies, such as NGFW, SSL/IPSec VPNs, and Firewalls.
- You are a proven solution seller with a strong track record of consistent Enterprise sales over achievement with customers of over 2000 users.
- You have worked with ISP & Reseller Channel partners and have a deep understanding of a channel centric go to market approach.
- You demonstrate different influencing styles as appropriate to a situation, while demonstrating a history of successfully building and maintaining trusting relationships with associates and customers.
- You are persistent, despite obstacles, opposition or setbacks and you will consistently convey a sense of urgency and drive issues to closure
- You will be able to travel frequently within your region
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you are selling cutting edge technologies and architectures
- Dedicated and skilled technical support (Sales Engineers, Technical Architects, SMEs) to assist you with all technical pre-sales activities
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- Zscaler is the world's leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- We protect 15 million users, in 3,250 organizations, across 185+ countries
- Blue Chip Customers (200 of Global 2,000 in our portfolio)
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we'd love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Follow us on Twitter @zscaler.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Follow Us on LinkedIn