LMI, a not-for-profit strategic consulting organization focused on the federal government, is seeking a Public Health Project Specialist. This position is located in the National Capital Region.
With the threat of transnational terrorism and ongoing development of weapons of mass destruction (WMD) by nations potentially hostile to the U.S., DHS has taken steps to integrate the full range of its radiological/nuclear, chemical, and biological threat detection programs. As the focal point for this effort, DHS Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) requires consulting and program management support that can reinforce and better enable a more dynamic and operationally-focused DHS strategy.
The person selected for this position shall assist the federal Biodetection Program Office and on-call Biodetection Duty Officer in coordinating and responding to Biodetection Actionable Result (BAR) declarations.
This position will be located on a client site. Finalists must be able to pass a DHS Suitability Check and Secret Clearance.
- Develop and maintain a Biodetection Incident Response / Emergency Operations Plan to delineate and codify the Program Office's response to BAR declarations and define roles, responsibilities, and coordination points with the DHS National Operations Center (NOC) and other key stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain the BAR Data Form used by jurisdictions to record important data related to a biological event.
- Assist the Government in responding to an environmental biodetection within one (1) hour of a BAR declaration according to established protocols. This response may include:
- Notification of BAR declaration and Biodetection National Conference Call (BWNCC) information, as applicable
- Facilitation of the BWNCC
- Communication with CWMD Leadership, as needed
- Development of Situation Reports
- Notifications of a Post-BAR Awareness Conference Call
- Obtains laboratory timeline from the jurisdiction
- Prepare pertinent information for the next day's CWMD Senior Leadership briefing to include site map of jurisdiction with detection PSU(s) indicated, a short narrative summary of the event, and a three bullet point summary of events
- Development of an After-Action Report (AAR) to CWMD Leadership
- Development of a Response Improvement Plan, as necessary.
- Contractor staff shall be capable of providing this assistance from home or other remote location for incidents occurring outside core business hours.
- Perform the functions of a technical expert in the relevant public health field in support of major programs or system development.
- Apply expertise in defining and resolving system issues, performing analysis, and developing plans and requirements in the subject-matter area for complex systems.
- Support the Senior Public Health Project Specialist in the development and delivery of guidance documents, exercises, and training in support of program objectives.
- Bachelor's degreee
- Ability to obtain high-level clearance and DHS suitability clearance
- 8 years' experience working in public health, preparedness and/or response
- Must have 4 years' experience designing and implementing exercises involving infectious disease monitoring and response, public health preparedness, surveillance, or environmental health and/or developing preparedness documents to include, concept of operations, response plans, and guidance documents.
- Master's degree (4 year experience working in public health, preparedness and/or response)
- Active high-level clearance (current DHS Suitability preferred)
- Knowledge and experience in CBRN material as well as an understanding of the hazards associated with their manufacture, transport and use.