DDC Public Affairs is currently looking for motivated and enthusiastic Interns for the spring 2020 semester. Interns will work within a dedicated Client Relations team to support their accounts, help coordinate and implement issues-based advocacy campaigns and support business development activities. This is a great opportunity to gain valuable hands-on working experience in a fast paced, campaign style environment.
- Provide campaign support for dedicated client management teams
- Conduct policy and issue research
- Help coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs and business initiatives
- Draft memos, prepare presentation material and create reports
- Provide support to Client Relations teams as needed
- Pursuing a degree in political science, public relations, communications or related field
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Interest in public affairs or politics
- This is a paid internship opportunity
- Gain professional experience and industry knowledge
- Work in a collaborative, dynamic office in the heart of Washington, DC
About DDC Public Affairs:
DDC is the nation's largest full service advocacy communications firm. We are proud to partner with many of the largest corporations and associations in the world, including a majority of the Fortune 500. Public affairs leaders from these organizations count on DDC to empower advocates to participate in the public policy process and help them win on issues. Please visit www.ddcpublicaffairs.com to learn more about our company and our story.
DDC is proud to be part of the Omnicom Group (www.omnicomgroup.com). Omnicom is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom's branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
DDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/ProtectedVet.
DDC Public Affairs is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. DDC Public Affairs does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where DDC Public Affairs does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants. Any person who feels that he or she has been subjected to discrimination should immediately report the matter to Talent Development or to a supervisor.
Any reported incident will be investigated. Retaliation against an employee or applicant who makes a good-faith claim of discrimination is prohibited. Employees and applicants may bring good-faith complaints, ask questions, and raise concerns without fear of reprisal or retaliation.