Description:At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture inspires employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
WHAT IS YOUR MISSION?
As a general engineering intern working in the D.C. Liaison Office you will learn what is required to facilitate effective communication with our Navy partners and their Lockheed Martin counterparts, support the Program Management Team, and collaborate with other defense industry partners. You will have the unique opportunity to engage in work on both programmatic and technical projects.
You will be located in our offices adjacent to the Navy Yard, supporting systems engineering foundational work (including CONOPS, system architecture, requirements management, integrated working teams) and Program Management Team / Liaison Office support (such as, supporting strategic engagements between Lockheed Martin and our Navy partners, helping to plan/host program level meetings and executive visitors, modernizing office processes to enhance business operations). You will gain an understanding of the importance of customer relationship management and technical prowess and you will meet and work with several leaders within the Fleet Ballistic Missile program.
WHAT WILL YOU BE WORKING ON?
- Work with experienced systems engineers, business professionals, program and project managers, and executives for Lockheed Martin Space.
- Documentation Support: Support the development, review, and maintenance of various Systems Engineering Group (SEG), Program, and office management documents. This will include working directly with functional and technical specifications and standards to orientation/user focused operational guides.
- Meeting support: Support the planning and execution of SEG and Program level meetings. Support the compilation of meeting materials, help drive presentation materials and provide on-site meeting support, help coordinate post meeting actions. Assist with scheduling and coordination.
- Work special projects: Based on skill-sets in modeling and simulation and/or programming/coding, may assist with special projects that capitalize on and stretch current skill-set level.
WHO WILL YOU BE WORKING WITH?
You will work with a team of talented personnel and supervisors. Along with project leaders and other personnel in the section or group.
HOW WILL LOCKHEED MARTIN SPACE SUPPORT YOUR MISSION?
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Every other Friday off
- Career development
- Rewards & recognition
- Mentorship opportunities
- Work/life balance
- Actively enrolled in an Engineering, Computer Science, Business Administration, or other related degree program from an accredited college/university.
- This position requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated teamwork, critical thinking, problem solving, flexibility, ethical behavior and creativity
- Experience or classroom knowledge of:
- Model-based systems engineering (MBSE)
- MBSE tools (e.g. SysML, Cameo)
- Analytical model development
- Programming languages
- Implementing process improvements