Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and owning the category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
Interfolio operates the first holistic faculty information system to support the full lifecycle of faculty work, from job seeking to review, tenure, sabbatical, committee work, research, and beyond. Offering colleges and universities increased clarity and insight into faculty data to help achieve their strategic initiatives, Interfolio believes that advancing the faculty will advance the institution.
What’s even better than that?
We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you've heard so far?
Then consider joining our Product Strategy team. The position of Product Manager is an in office position in our Washington, DC office. Product Managers at Interfolio play a central role in ensuring the overall success of our products, from idea inception, development, through commercial launch and ongoing maintenance. Successful product managers will have an equal balance of passion for creating innovative products and delivering outsized impact to our customers. Candidates applying for this position must currently reside in the United States.
At Interfolio, we are committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status (including pregnancy), or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
- Own making the business case to the executive team for the sustained investment in your product
- Define, defend, and socialize the strategy and roadmap for your product
- Be an expert in understanding the specific market pressures and corresponding market needs that shape your product
- Be the subject matter expert for your product and provide support to Sales and Client Success as needed
- Provide appropriate guidance to the engineering teams to ensure the successful completion of Sprints
- Work directly with customers, end users and education industry experts
- Maintain a current and regularly groomed backlog that is dev-ready
- Cultivate and maintain a meaningful partnership with Sales, Marketing, User Experience, Engineering, Client Success, and Senior Executives
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Based in the Washington DC metro area
- 5+ years experience, of which 3+ as a product manager, product owner (or similar) role in an agile software development environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with confidence and clarity with different audiences and personalities via electronic, verbal or in presentation forms
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and build consensus across multiple stakeholders
- Experience working directly with customers and end users
- Demonstrated ability to be an independent, creative problem solver
- Proven quantitative based approach for making decisions
- Prior experience in the Education industry -- preferred, but not required
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, unlimited PTO, a yearly wellness benefit stipend, a yearly professional development stipend, 401k, and professional development opportunities.
Our culture sets us apart—we look forward sharing more about our company and our team!