Requisition Number: PRELI02300
Assists with the maintenance of all records in the accreditation database (more than 900 in number); provides timely reports on the status of all accredited programs and those seeking accreditation; assists the Preliminary Review Manager with processing and tracking accreditation reviews (250 annually). Provides the necessary technical support, interpersonal support, skills, and knowledge to help accreditation operations achieve its objectives.
Education and Experience:
Position requires a Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Liberal Arts, or a related field.
- 1-2 years of general office experience with data entry responsibilities required.
- Experience with detailed scheduling and coordination preferred.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access.
- Must have strong writing skills.
- Experience drafting professional correspondence is preferred.
- Must have intermediate to advanced knowledge of software applications such as MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access.
- Familiarity with utilizing relational databases.
- Good oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills are essential to the success of this position.
- The incumbent must also exhibit a strong focus on attention to detail.
- Incumbent must be organized and have the ability to handle multiple tasks in a short period of time ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Maintenance of Program Records: In consultation with the Preliminary Review Manager, monitors programs as they enter the accreditation process by ensuring that program information is recorded and accurate in the database system; assists in processing/tracking self-studies and related correspondence in the process. Creates and modifies program records in the accreditation database system; Prepares routine and ad hoc reports based on the program database records for the monitoring and tracking of programs; Trains staff on operational changes and usage of the database.
- Preliminary Review - Conducts quantitative review of psychology internship, doctoral, and postdoctoral program self-studies to determine what items need additional clarification in order for the review process to continue. Drafts letters summarizing issues that need to be addressed/clarified prior to authorization of a site visit.
- Written Correspondence: Drafts decision letters at the conclusion of the Commission on Accreditation meetings for the Director's approval and signature. Drafts correspondence to programs in reference to their self-study submissions and the outcome of their preliminary review.
- Communication: Provides information on the accreditation process to the public, chairs of academic departments, directors of training, and faculty /staff of psychology training programs through written correspondence or via telephone. Provides general information to programs interested in applying for accreditation.
- Support of the Commission on Accreditation: Assists with pre-meeting preparations; Attends the Commission's program review meetings in a staff support role which includes taking program review notes and recording accreditation decisions.
The American Psychological Association, located at 750 First St NE, Washington D.C., was named a 2014 recipient of the Washington Post Top Workplace. It is metro accessible from the Red Line.
Qualified candidates must apply online through APA’s applicant system and attach a cover letter and resume specifying your salary requirements. Applications that are submitted without both documents are considered incomplete and will not be reviewed for consideration. Once your application is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. Please make sure to check your Spam folder if you do not receive an email from us.
The American Psychological Association is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected categories covered under local law.