Support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM) program as an operations specialist. Coordinate closely with the CMO Operations team lead to improve team processes, communication, and collaboration. Manage project, pillar, and program risks and issues assigned to CMO and provide guidance on risk and issue statements and mitigation strategies. Coordinate across the program and pillars to monitor and refine the risk management process and escalate risks and issues to the appropriate program or pillar Risk Review Board, as needed. Record and track actions, status, and meeting minutes during and after the CMO Risk Review Boards and Functional Governance boards. Assist with schedule management and integration of risks, issues, and governance decisions into IMS and validate IMS data alignment before submitting to the Master IMS. Assist the Functional Governance Board (FGB) lead with identifying and tracking decisions to be submitted to the FGB.
- 10 years of experience in a professional work environment
- Experience with managing IT-related projects
- Experience with tracking costs, schedule, and performance progress
- Ability to identify and mitigate risks
- Ability to apply life cycle and project management methodologies
- BA or BS degree in Engineering, CS, Systems, Business, or a related scientific or technical field or 18 years of professional experience may be substituted for degree requirements
- Experience in the VA
- Experience with implementing Electronic Health Records
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.