To assist physicians, nurses and patients by providing ambulatory medical care services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
Responsible for clinic patient flow, informing physicians of patients' arrival and room assignment
- Rooming patients
Accompanies and/or assists patients to the exam room in a professional manner
Obtains patient vital signs, to include height, weight, blood pressure, temperature, pulse and respiration. Pulse oximetry if needed.
- Vital Signs
Able to perform using manual equipment and Welch Allen spot vital sign machine and import results to electronic medical record in a timely fashion
- Assist physicians during examinations and procedures
This includes setting up the exam room and preparing the patient
- May be required to take patient medical history if applicable per department
- May perform a variety of testing, diagnostic, and screening procedures
- Assists in explaining test procedures to patients
- Current in basic CPR/AED
- High school graduate and graduate from a Medical Assistant School.
- Certification or Registration as a Medical Assistant preferred.
- Two to three years experience of general patient care (i.e. hospital, physician's office or ambulatory care setting) preferred.