Manager, Social Media Programs
The Manager, Social Media Programs will be a highly motivated, goal-driven individual who has firsthand knowledge of social media community management, trends in political public discourse, and creative execution strategies. This candidate should possess excellent writing skills, a strong collaborative work style, and an eye for creative graphics and videos.
In this role, the manager will manage the American Petroleum Institutes social communities, manage and create creative content executions for social distribution, and partner with the paid media team to further amplify organic content efforts.
- Monitor the online conversation around API’s mission critical issues, API member company activities, and opposition messages and flag important issues for communication’s team
- Works with issue experts and media relations team to draft content for API’s social media channels.
- Works with paid media team to create analytics reports on a bi-weekly and monthly basis
- Create and execute a plan to better engage target audiences, grow following, and evolve channels with changing media landscape
- Produce rapid response graphics and videos to be used in both organic and paid efforts
- 5-7 years of experience in a similar role and subject matter expertise
- Bachelor's degree in relevant area, or other related field equivalent work experience.
- Ability to problem solve and collaborate with team members
- Political campaign or advocacy communications experience preferred
- Working knowledge of AP style
- Graphic design software literacy
- Able to remain in a stationary position working on a computer
- Move about the office to access office machinery, meeting rooms, etc. on occasion
- Operate a computer and other office machinery such as printers and copy machines
- Transport items and equipment up to 10 lbs. on occasion
- Up to 25%
Percentage of travel time expected for the position, where the travel occurs, such as locally or in specific countries or states, and whether the travel is overnight.
This job outline describes the typical accountabilities and requirements of the position and should not be construed as an all-encompassing description of every duty performed by or expected of the incumbent.
API is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is a core value. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment for all. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. Our success in maintaining a reputation for professional excellence depends on selecting the best qualified candidates. Achieving this objective means that no employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, age, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy (including childbirth, related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and reproductive health decisions), genetic information, national origin, disability, marital status, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, matriculation, credit information, the status as a victim or family member of a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sexual offense, or any prohibited basis under federal, state or local law.
API is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to the Human Resources Department via email at HumanResources@api.org.