LMI is seeking a skilled Logistics Analyst to join our growing team supporting the United States Postal Service. The Logistics Analyst will provide advisory support for the procurement of commercial transportation services nation-wide in support of a major USPS mail distribution program.
In the interim this is a remote work position until the client's remote work policy has ended. Normal position location is at the client site in Washington, D.C.
LMI is a consultancy dedicated to powering a future-ready, high-performing government, drawing from expertise in digital and analytic solutions, logistics, and management advisory services. We deliver integrated capabilities that incorporate emerging technologies and are tailored to customers' unique mission needs, backed by objective research and data analysis. Founded in 1961 to help the Department of Defense resolve complex logistics management challenges, LMI continues to enable growth and transformation, enhance operational readiness and resiliency, and ensure mission success for federal civilian and defense agencies.
- Advise USPS on the procurement of contracted, commercial transportation services.
- Develop and compile requirements for transportation service procurements (e.g. service points, anticipated mileage, and required fleet sizes)
- Identify optimal times to issue DRO contracts to ensure that they are synchronized with site deployment schedules.
- Develop outreach materials explaining USPS transportation operations and what's expected of carriers.
- Identify opportunities to expand the supplier base to increase competition and drive rates down.
- Assist USPS in identifying and implementing solutions to ensure that carriers are paid for actual miles traveled.
- Assess the effectiveness and efficiency of logistics functions through data analysis.
- Apply critical and analytical thinking skills to translate complex information into understandable and impactful work products.
- Oversee and complete special projects as needed.
- Rapidly prioritize competing requirements, understand and simplify client requirements.
- Communicate with clients through written reports and oral presentations.
- At least 8 years of relevant logistics/transportation experience required.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Must have functional experience in supply chain management, transportation and distribution
- Excellent negotiation and consensus-building skills
- Excellent oral presentation and writing skills. Experience with transportation software/tools, also a plus.
- Highly organized, systematic and proactive in managing quality and exceeding client/customer expectations.
- Experience with commercial transportation procurement in the small package and/or freight market, a plus.
- Experience with the management and/or implementation of Transportation Management Systems (TMS) or Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), also a plus.
- Ability to obtain a government security clearance (up to SECRET).
- Master's degree
- Understanding of the ground transportation network
- PMP certification
- USPS experience