Lead AV Engineer
Intrepid Solutions has an immediate need for an AMX Design and AV Programming SME to support a new large contract supporting a federal customer in the Washington DC/NCR region
- Extensive knowledge of standard Audio-Visual and communication software to include but not be limited to AMX, Crestron, Extron, Biamp, and VBrick.
- Proven experience designing an AV system to meet a wide range of needs, from small to extremely large and complex systems.
- Proven experience designing AV systems within cleared and sensitive workspaces.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot AV & Control Systems.
- Strong computer skills within the AV/Electronics industry
- Advanced knowledge of AV and control signal flow, ability to use test equipment to troubleshoot system.
- Ability to perform programming tasks in a timely and quality conscious manner, touch panel design, plan to achieve complete and functional program, read and interpret electronic schematics, troubleshoot in the field to achieve complete and functional system.
- Serve as Intrepid’s Lead AV Engineer in a corporate leadership role that provides support to our existing AV projects and teams while assisting with the continued development and refinement of our corporate capability.
- Provide technical support to our AV project PM(s), our core of AV engineers, and our customers at various locations throughout the NCR.
- Assist with shaping & refining future growth opportunities using a balanced background in AV design, integration, programming, and maintenance.
- Assist our PMs with conducting site surveys and assist with the production and validation of equipment and labor estimates.
- Remain current within the industry, the trends, and emerging technologies.
- Serve as our senior AV solutioner to help guide our customers through potentially new/unfamiliar AV solutions as they transition away from aging systems and platforms.
- Active Top Secret / SCI or SCI eligible.
- Programming and/or design certifications for AMX (desired)
- Programming and/or design certifications for Crestron (desired)
- Certified Broadcast Networking Engineer (CBNE) (desired)
- Certified Technology Specialist-Designer (CTS-D) (desired)
- Cisco Network Administrator (CNA), or equivalent (desired)
- ICIA CTS audiovisual systems training/certification (desired)
- Crestron certifications (desired)
- Bachelor's degree in electronics or a related field OR completion of an apprenticeship program OR equivalent years of work-related experience
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 10-15 years of experience in the field of AV Engineering, Design, Programming and lifecycle Maintenance with expert working knowledge of AMX and Crestron systems and platforms. Experience working as a senior member of an AV design and integration team.
- Provision of expert guidance and subject matter expertise during design, build, programming, integration, and maintenance phases.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with vendors, service providers, and equipment manufacturers to assist corporate and project-level managers with planning, equipment and labor estimation, equipment ordering, and logistic/supply chain monitoring and management.
- Expert time management skills and ability to multi-task across a portfolio of AV projects and initiatives.
- Experience communicating directly with vendors and service providers, forming and building strong relationships with partners and suppliers.
- Logistics planning with PMs and facility managers, experience navigating physical/facility security requirements.
- Experience utilizing Inventory Management software for tracking the status of orders and related workflow processes.
- This position will require site visits to customer facilities located within 100 miles of Washington DC and the NCR
Intrepid Solutions is a federal contractor, and therefore subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled