Noblis is positioned to provide subject matter expertise (SME) on emerging threats, data analysis, and algorithm development to decision makers in the CWMD office and DHS components using information obtained from distributed sensor network capabilities, open source reporting, and other sources.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to help develop and advance DHS's new approach to countering WMD, we are actively seeking to identify personnel to join our team of talented professionals who possess the experience, vision, commitment and integrity to successfully support the strategic goals of DHS CWMD by assisting with the fulfillment of the office' policy and strategy requirements as DHS's CWMD focal point as an Innovation Applied Scientist for CWMD. Responsibilities include:
- Develops and incorporates novel algorithms and methods for complex, large-scale data analysis in coordination with operational/analytic end-users within and outside of DHS CWMD.
- Provides applied science technical advice and analytic support to the management of external pilot projects developing new systems, algorithms, and technical approaches.
- Researches new technical approaches for application across the CWMD mission portfolio.
- Secret Clearance
- B.S. in natural or physical sciences, engineering, computer science, mathematics, statistics, or related fields. (Certain circumstances may require candidates with an M.S. or M.A.)
- Must have a Bachelor's degree plus 3 years of experience or a Master's degree with 2 years experience. Experience must be in the natural or physical sciences, engineering, computer science, mathematics, statistics, informatics, or related fields.
- Excellent communication skills: this include technical writing and editing, oral communication, organization, critical thinking, and interpersonal and customer service skills to engage stakeholders and PMs.
- Must have experience developing, or evaluating the development of systems, algorithms, and approaches for complex large-scale data analysis across a range of different types of data.
- Strong research skills to develop new technical approaches for application across the CWMD mission portfolio.
- Ability to plan individual efforts and follow through to completion.
- Ability to multi-task and respond to quick turn-around requests.
- Experience or knowledge of developing and incorporating novel algorithms and methods for complex, large-scale data analysis in coordination with operational/analytic end-users (preferably within and outside of OHA).
- Competence to function efficiently in a fast-paced, demanding work environment
- Flexible and readily adaptable to change.
- Willingness to complete wide variety of tasks especially during an event; everything from very technical to some basis tasks.
- Comfortability in providing technical advice and analytic support to the management of external pilot projects developing new systems, algorithms, and technical approaches.
- M.S. or M.A. degree in a scientific field.
- Top Secret Clearance.
- Ability to obtain DHS suitability.
- Previous experience with working on systems development, algorithms, and big data analytics for the U.S. government.
- Experience with data analysis or data sets relevant to the DHS CWMD mission.
- Relationships with data providers to DHS CWMD
- Experience with BioFeed or BioSpatial
- Experience with R, Python, Matlab, SAS, or other related statistics analysis programs
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Support and lead evolving business development efforts by applying technical and functional expertise to develop business solutions.
• Lead proposal sections for small or limited competition proposals and actively participate in teaming strategy discussions