SAIC is looking for an information technology (IT) Chief Architect; this position is a contingent position in Washington DC. Chief Architect is responsible for overall IT systems engineering and architecture for this effort. He/she will directly engage and collaborate with the Enterprise Architecture Division (EAD) to ensure strategic alignment of people, process, information and technology. Responsible for creating and maintaining the Enterprise Architecture.
- Design and oversee implementation of end-to end integrated systems.
- Deliver architectural initiatives that drive and improve efficiency in line with business strategy.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the organization's technologies and architectures.
- Develop and maintain current and planned state architectural blueprints.
- Develop and maintain an aspirational architectural road map for the enterprise.
- Communicate architectural decisions, plans, goals, and strategies. Gain organizational commitment for enterprise level architecture and infrastructure initiatives.
- Provide architectural direction to Enterprise Architects, Business Architects, and Solution Architects.
- Develop architectural metrics and reports for the executive team, business and IT management, and Agile development teams.
Bachelors in engineering or similar technical based degree and six (6) years or more engineering experience; preferably in a management role.
- Must have IBM architectural experience to include DB2, MQ, WebSphere etc. and experience in vetting systems.
- Must possess a strong technical background in information technology management, and strong process knowledge of System Development Life Cycle methodologies.
- Must have experience with Infrastructure as Code; Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD); SAFe
- Must have excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience with automated configuration management/code management systems.
- Strong program and project management skills.
- Strong knowledge and experience with name matching technologies is desired
- Significant experience with the following products is desired: Java/J2EE, PL.SQL, AIX, RedHat Linux, IBM WebSphere Application server, IBM Liberty, IBM DB2, IBM Data Power, IBM WebSphere MQ, Oracle, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), Infoglide Bladeworks SSE, Informatica v*, Genkins, Chef, Gitlab.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to obtain Top Secret (TS) clearance
- Enterprise Architecture certification is preferred
- Prior experience with DHS or TSA is preferred