Human Resources Assistant
This HireStrategy candidate is looking for a motivated HR Assistant, with experience human resources administrative functions including conducting phone screens, drafting offer letters, completing background checks and updating benefits information. The HR Assistantwill be a key member of the HR department. The ideal candidate will have broad knowledge of Human Resources. He/she will be able to provide day to day administrative support and handle an array of HR operational responsibilities.
• Serve as HR administrative support to the HR team
• Manage recruitment duties including screening resumes, writing job descriptions and conducting phone screens
• Scheduling interviews and serving as a liaison between candidates and hiring managers
• Maintain accurate personnel files for employees.
• Assemble recruitment, new hire and termination packets.
• Coordinate new hire orientation and exit interview schedules.
• Prepare HR operational forms and provide supporting documentation including i9 verification and processing.
• Coordinate and monitor background checks and credit screens process, when applicable.
• Maintain accurate job descriptions for all current company openings
• Coordinate employee trainings, seminars and special engagements.
• Answer employee questions regarding benefits and company procedures
• Provide support for additional projects and ad-hoc reporting
• 1-3 years of HR experience, ideally within an non-profit, association or professional services setting
• Bachelors degree in Human Resources Management, Human Resources Development, Organization Studies or a related degree
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and willing to learn
• Possess a strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills
• Knowledge of HRIS systems, preferably iCims, ADP Workforce Now or Workday, and ATS, preferably Taleo or Bullhorn