Head of Enterprise Workloads
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a dynamic, Head of Enterprise Workloads to lead the marketing strategy and programs team that drive customer migrations of enterprise applications for SAP, Windows, and VMware solutions to AWS’s cloud computing platform. If you have a passion for the cloud, experience with marketing enterprise technology applications, love helping professional services, partners and teams reach their full potential, and are an expert in designing and implementing joint marketing plans and partner programs at scale – then we’re looking for you! AWS gives customers secure, scalable, global cloud infrastructure while paying only for what they use. Scaling through partners is a key part of how we help customers move to cloud services that power strategic workloads. In this role, you will lead a team of Partner Marketing Managers who are subject matter experts in how to drive enterprise applications to AWS through partner marketing programs. You will monitor partner marketing performance against key metrics and be an expert resource on marketing processes and guidelines for partners. You will collaborate with peers on the strategic workloads partner marketing team to build mechanisms for consistency and bar-raising delivery across strategic workloads. The ideal candidate has a passion for technology, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a successful track record in partner marketing and leading teams. They have a relentless focus on the end customer and love building and running marketing enablement programs at scale. This is a unique opportunity to play a highly visible role in an exciting technology business. Position may be located in Seattle, WA or near any Amazon/AWS U.S. Corp office only. Relocation offered from within the US to Seattle only.
· Collaborate with global partner leadership, marketing, and field partner marketing to identify priorities, focus partner marketing initiatives, and success metrics.
· Think big and innovate to develop best-in-class partner marketing programs and motions to successfully drive migration of enterprise applications to AWS through partners.
· Develop and monitor partner marketing plans with focus partners to effectively drive customer awareness and adoption of AWS services for enterprise applications.
· Market at scale by designing partner marketing programs and campaign templates that can be implemented by global and regional partners.
· Drive awareness and demand to AWS partner offerings through AWS-led campaigns and messaging.
· Manage inclusion and promotion of partner offerings at AWS events and AWS’s strategy at alliance events.
· Build and promote customer case studies with partners to provide customers with tangible results and implementation stories.
· Become expert at tracking and reporting systems and process to ensure partner marketing activities are recognized, evaluated, and optimized.
· 7+ years of relevant work experience in partner marketing, product marketing, demand generation in high-technology companies
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, or relevant field of study
· 5+ years leading high performing marketing teams
· Demonstrated success in marketing roles that are partner-facing and field-facing
· 7+ years of experience designing and executing joint marketing plans with strategic alliance partners with global footprint
· 7+ years of experience building global partner marketing strategies and programs
· Possess an expert understanding of how to drive business and marketing with and through the partner ecosystem
· Experience in a business-to-business (B2B) environment, high-tech products/services required; enterprise software experience preferred
· Experience with enterprise workloads
· Demonstrated experience in working with sales leaders in driving pipeline and revenue
· Excel at cross-group collaboration, creative thinking, problem solving and have a bias for action
· Motivated self-starter who thrives on working in complex and challenging environments of a rapidly evolving business
· Analytical tendencies with a natural curiosity to measure, test, learn and iterate in order to get the best results possible
· Very strong written and verbal communication skills with an innate attention to detail
· Strong project management skills with experience gaining consensus and driving deliverables with individuals inside and outside the organization
· Willing to travel to meet with sales leaders, partners, attend events and support the sales team
· Familiarity with Salesforce CRM and other marketing software will be helpful
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role