Heifer Project International (Heifer) is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
FUNCTIONThe Global Proposal Recruitment Lead will be responsible for providing full-cycle recruitment support on our competitive bids and proposals process for institutional donors. This role will help lead recruitment efforts on open and upcoming bids for potential program staff – key personnel and core staff. The incumbent will also assist in the development of recruitment resources and guidelines specific to USAID and other funding sources. The ideal candidate will have a high sense of urgency, an ability to deliver results in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment, and a proven track record of being a creative problem solver. Our culture is collaboration and partnership. This position will report the Global Recruitment Manager
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITSConfidential, reliable, resourceful, and emotionally intelligent individual who thrives in a fast-paced and agile environment. Highly professional in demeanor and approachable by all.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLESA. Proposal and Project Recruitment (65%)
- Lead in recruitment strategy meetings with bid/project teams to ensure a complete understanding of the job requirements, candidate matches, and the qualifications needed to fill the role.
- Assist in the development of job descriptions and execute effective global recruitment campaigns, including via social media, web postings and proactive sourcing
- Review applications and assesses candidate’s expertise and qualifications against established criteria.
- Conduct thorough candidate pre-screening interviews and recommend highly qualified and diverse candidates who meet the requirements for the role.
- Negotiate rates and packages with long-term and short-term consultants and project staff.
- Contribute to the preparation of personnel-related sections of proposals, and formatting and editing CVs.
- Lead outreach to best-of-sector experts, consultants and specialists to grow and develop our network, both in-person and through advertisements via our website and the various commercial recruitment platforms.
- Build and maintain relationships with networks of consultants, including representing Heifer at networking events.
B. Recruitment Systems Development (25%)
- Lead on the quality assurance, development and exploitation of Heifer’s in-house candidates’ database and candidate’s management system.
- Provide suggestions and feedback concerning recruitment protocols and procedures, help to lead staff training on recruitment procedures, streamline company-wide recruitment processes, and brainstorming on improvement on staffing and recruitment proposal writing.
- Help on the development of creative ideas and innovative recruitment solutions to source qualified professionals and a diverse talent pool including leading on the exploitation of LinkedIn, and other recruitment platforms.
- Support the development of recruitment templates and forms (CV templates, reference check forms, common email templates, how-to notes, recruitment manuals).
- Mentor and train colleagues to optimally utilize and exploit these systems.
C. Maintain Human Resources related information and records (5%)
- Ensure recruitment and onboarding files are up to date in compliance in various Heifer systems.
- Create and generate accurate recruitment reports and metrics as requested.
D. May perform other job-related duties as assigned (5%)
- Help on in - house recruitment needs when needed
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of seven (7) years of proven experience in proposal recruitment
- Previous experience with USAID, (ex DFID), Private Foundations and/or NGO project and proposal recruitment with expertise in negotiation within donor compensation and benefits structures.
- Proven sense of urgency and solution orientation in meeting tight recruiting deadlines.
- Proven success in proactively sourcing and recruiting passive candidates, building talent pipelines, and maintaining candidate relationships
- Experience in managing applicant databases.
- Proven experience in recruiting Chiefs of Party, senior technical expects and other related candidates for USAID proposals and/or projects.
- Knowledge of HRIS, applicant tracking.
- Knowledge of general principles of recruiting.
- Recent Human Resources experience specific to proposal recruitment, preferably within the past 5 years.
- Experience of the international development sector and / or project management related sectors or working to government clients.
- Knowledge of other USG/bilateral donor employment and compliance regulations is highly desirable.
- Appetite and desire to drive success through meeting challenging deadlines and targets.
- Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish.
Most Critical Proficiencies
- Ability to work under pressure, in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment, handling multiple deadlines and with minimal direction.
- Knowledge of federal, state, local, and international recruiting and compensation laws and regulations in order to ensure organizational compliance.
- Ability to read and interpret state and federal regulations.
- Ability to use tools and skills to manage time effectively.
- Strong problem-solving experience and skills.
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office skills, including Word and Excel, are required. PowerPoint will be useful.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relate to individuals and groups diplomatically and tactfully, and to convey information to all levels of staff, vendors and customers with diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to proofread correspondence and audit system data for correct punctuation, grammar and data entry error.
- May require constant sitting; working at a computer for extended periods.
- Ability to prepare and present documents in a well-designed and attractive format with impeccable attention to detail.
- Well organized and confident to work independently but can also function as a strong team player.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability and willingness to work outside of the normal 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. hours to accommodate customers in different time zones.
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues and the public.