ArdentMC, an innovative software development small business, seeks a Geospatial Analyst to join our team in Washington, DC!
ArdentMC offers competitive salaries, 401K matching, three weeks of paid annual leave, tuition reimbursement and host of other benefits, creating a rewarding and fast-paced work environment that promotes a workplace culture of excellence, openness and autonomy.
ArdentMC is a software development firm, focused on high-value/ high-technology solutions for government and invites you to join our dynamic organization serving federal clients from the US Department of Homeland Security, to the Department of Defense. ArdentMC offers competitive salaries, 401K matching, three weeks of paid annual leave, tuition reimbursement and host of other benefits, creating a rewarding and fast-paced work environment.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES US CITIZENSHIP.
Candidates for this Geospatial Analyst position should have at least five years of direct GIS experience that includes developing sophisticated mapping and analysis products with the ESRI software suite. The successful candidate will directly support mission-critical operations by utilizing GIS analysis techniques and tools to provide a better understanding of variables in a given geographic location for project and mission stakeholders. This will include providing maps and datasets for supplemental analysis and insight. This position will work closely with the GIS user community to determine specific application requirements and will perform project planning, requirements analysis, database design, quality assurance and quality control for GIS initiatives.
- Create, maintain, display and update GIS databases and products using the ESRI toolset.
- Develop, manage, and maintain GIS data resources for inter-agency access.
- Produce accurate maps and other representations of data for mission-critical projects.
- Interpret and explain geospatial products to mission leadership and stakeholders.
- Participate in the installation, maintenance, and upgrade of GIS products.
- Work with and train non-GIS users on GIS concepts and products.
- Identify areas of growth potential within the organization and serve as outreach.
- Assist with data collection with GPS and ArcGIS Collector.
- Provide off-hours surge support when necessary during critical mission operations.
- Up to 15% travel.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Demonstrated high-level competence in the ESRI ArcGIS 10.x Enterprise software suite to include ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Portal, ArcSDE, and Collector
- BS/BA in GIS, Geography, Cartography, Computer Science or other related field w/GIS experience
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong organization and record-keeping skills
- May require the ability to obtain a DHS Secret clearance
- Law enforcement or federal agency experience a plus
- Software development experience, including web development or Python scripting, is a plus
- User-oriented collection workflow experience (Collector, GPS collection software) is a plus
Citizenship & Background Investigation
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, ArdentMC will consider only applicants with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.