Industry Dive is looking for a motivated and curious full-stack web developer to join our engineering team. We use a variety of open-source technology, and our core application is written in Django. We spend most of our time building Industry Dive's main product — a series of consumer-facing, mobile-optimized news sites with an internal content management system — by adding new features, fixing bugs and improving performance. We are also cross-functional, so you'll have the opportunity to work on many other projects, including data products, email-driven communication and dev ops. This job reports to the VP of Engineering. Industry Dive strives to provide an inclusive and welcoming environment. One of our core values is for employees to bring their unique perspective and personality to a variety of projects. Your voice and the work you’ll do here matters to your teammates, other teams within the company and our customers and readers
General requirements for this position:
- Experience building/working with web applications, particularly content management systems
- Experience with HTML/CSS/JS
- Familiarity with Python
- Familiarity with SQL and relational database design
- Experience with Git/GitHub or other version control technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience creating/updating documentation for other developers and non-technical users
- Ability to work well either individually or collaboratively
- Eagerness and interest in working on a variety of projects
Even if you’re not sure if you meet those general requirements, we would love to talk to you if you have any of the following:
- Exposure to Agile Scrum workflow
- Experience or interest in data engineering: e.g. data munging, building
- ETLs, query optimizations, database administration, data visualizations
- Experience or interest in testing and/or test automation
- Experience or interest in UX/graphic design
- A passion for or experience in sharing and teaching new skills
Some of our tools:
- Python: Django and/or Flask
Applicants who belong to traditionally underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and link to your GitHub profile or other resources, if available.
Industry Dive is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
If you feel comfortable doing so please feel free to note which pronouns you use in your application (for example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, ze/zir/zirs, etc.)
Industry Dive will not be able to sponsor applicants for work visas.
About Industry Dive
Industry Dive was founded in 2012 to provide business leaders with the information they need to move industries forward. Since then, we have become one of the business world's fastest-growing providers of journalism, providing news and exclusive insights to 7+ million decision-makers in 16 different markets. Our team of reporters, editors, designers, and marketers help inform and connect the most competitive industries. Our insights spark innovation, fuel growth and shape agendas in every industry we cover.
Our office is a place where you work hard on clear monthly goals, have your voice heard, and shape the future of a growing media business. Located in the heart of Washington DC, our workspace boasts a lot of perks – whiteboard walls, treadmill desks, and a dedicated quiet room.
Industry Dive was selected as a “Best Place to Work“ by the Washington Post in 2017, 2018 and 2019 and by the Washington Business Journal in 2015, 2016 and 2017.