Financial Statement Preparation Support CIVP5
5 months ago(6/18/2019 8:41 AM)
Civilian - E3/Sentinel’s Civilian Division employees support clients across the Department of Commerce, Department of Justice, Department of Transportation, General Services Administration, National Institutes of Health, and more. We enable our employees to use innovative technologies, proven best practices, and efficient processes to provide exceptional service to our Federal clients. With careers in IT program management, acquisition and category management, shared services planning, and education and training, our employees can advance their careers, collaborate with their teams, and deliver excellent mission results.
E3/Sentinel is looking for a Financial Analyst to work in Washington, DC. This position supports a government client in managing and enhancing the agency’s financial performance by assisting with the preparation of the specific financial statements and the consolidated financial statements working under short timelines with limited notice, especially for quarterly and year-end reporting. The ideal candidate for this role must be able to analyze financial status by collecting, monitoring, and studying financial data and recommending actions to resolve issues and achieve desired results.
- Preparing and producing accurate financial statements and notes in accordance with Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB), OMB and Treasury in draft/final format for the agency's management’s review.
- Performing tie-point analysis from the general ledger, identifying, and recommending solutions to determine the cause and resolving errors.
- Recommending accounting entries/transactions, to include budgetary and proprietary accounts for accounting activities.
- Preparing the fiduciary worksheets Federal Employees Compensation Act (FECA), Unemployment Benefits (UEB) Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and the Judgment Fund) for the agency and ensuring that balances reconcile to Treasury’s Intergovernmental Fiduciary Confirmation System (IFCS)
- Preparing worksheets that reconcile and support the agency’s elimination entry.
- Preparing and consolidating Component and Department level GTAS preliminary and final GTAS data files.
- Reconciling subsidiary module data with standard general ledger account balances; Preparing Prepared by Client (PBC) items for submission to the OIG and external auditors to meet deadlines
- Reviewing PBC work products received from external Financial Statement Group (FSG) sources for completeness/accuracy and submission to the OIG and external auditors by specified due dates.
- Preparing selected portions of the Asset Forfeiture Fund and Seized Asset Deposit Fund AFF/SADF and Consolidated audits to ensure compliance with existing accounting principles (e.g., obligation reconciliations, etc.).
- Comparing the notes of the AFF/SADF and Consolidated statements to ensure that the balances reconcile to each component’s principle financial statements/templates. Making recommendations for any deviations in the preparation.
- Providing assistance to Government staff in the breakout and review of large, complex files from many external sources prior to finalizing the information as it pertains to quarterly and consolidated statements.
- Ensuring there are no disconnects between the operational aspects of the reporting and the final quarterly statements.
- Reviewing and making recommended changes to the agency's Financial Statement and Preparation Guide.
- Assisting with resolving any complicated technical issues associated with the audit that requires additional OMB or Treasury involvement and resolution.
- Tracking projects (i.e., fiduciary worksheets, financial statements, provider listings, PBC items, journal voucher processing etc.) to ensure due dates are met.
- Preparing and drafting supporting documentation to facilitate the Treasury’s Closing Package.
- Using effective written and oral communication skills and lead various projects and conduct meetings.
- Providing support in preparing/negotiating/completing quarterly financial statement preparation in compliance with statement deadlines imposed by JMD, the Office of the Inspector General’s Office (OIG), and the Office of Management and Budget (OMB).
- Preparing the agency's consolidated legal representation letter and schedules.
- Preparing various reconciliations (i.e., Grants, Revenue, RECA, Leave Liabilities, etc.) as requested; Knowledge and experience applying guidance issued by Treasury, OMB, FASAB, to include TFM, TFM 4700, USSGL, OMB-A-136, and OMB A-11.
- Updating and streamlining standard operating procedures (SOP) and FSG internal guidance. Develop new SOPs as required
- Assisting with updating financial statement crosswalks per Treasury’s USSGL guidance.
- Assisting, in presentations to explain new, updated or changes to financial statement working group and/or auditors as needed.
- Reviewing Notification of Findings related to FSG, make and draft recommendations for management review.
- Assist with designing and implementing corrective action plans.
- Preparing memos, letter, data calls, and timelines for financial statement reporting.
- Bachelors Degree (Degree in finance, business or accounting desired)
- 3-5 years of financial management experience.
- Clearable (able to pass both a criminal background check and credit check).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Excel for financial analysis.
- Experience with federal government contracts.
- Experience with analysis of direct and indirect rates
EEO Statement (Select the Only Available Option)
E3/Sentinel is an equal opportunity employer and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) federal contractor. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. E3/Sentinel hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.