Civilian - E3/Sentinel’s Civilian Division employees support clients across the Department of Commerce, Department of Justice, Department of Transportation, General Services Administration, National Institutes of Health, and more. We enable our employees to use innovative technologies, proven best practices, and efficient processes to provide exceptional service to our Federal clients. With careers in IT program management, acquisition and category management, shared services planning, and education and training, our employees can advance their careers, collaborate with their teams, and deliver excellent mission results.
E3/Sentinel is looking for a Financial Analyst to work in Washington, DC. This position supports a government client in managing and enhancing the agency’s financial performance by including functions and activities related to accounts payable, monthly GTAS reporting, CARS, cash reconciliations, accounts receivable, reimbursements and policy changes.
The ideal candidate for this role must be able to analyze financial status by collecting, monitoring, and studying financial data and recommending actions to resolve issues and achieve desired results.
- Reconcile to the GL, SF-132 and GWA; Preparation and submission of receivable reports.
- Process of Budget Documents (SF-132, RA, CRs); Process daily Fed-debt Investment; Research changes in the TFM for operational updates to system and posting logic.
- Reconcile monthly payroll reconciliations between various systems; Assist with Quality Control and Audit Risk; Updating and maintaining standard operation procedures (SOP) for various UFMS functional processes; Assist with monthly and year-end closing activates.
- Assist with daily financial management processing, such as Intra-governmental Payment and Collections (IPACs).
- Conducting process improvement reviews regarding financial operational processes and recommending operational and financial efficiencies.
- Assist with the daily preparation, processing, management and correction of the following UFMS document types (JCX-Check Cancellations, JOC-OBD check deposits, UOC-US Attorneys check deposits, JMS-OBD manual payments and UFMS- US Attorneys manual payments, JDS-Daily Mellon payment document).
- Assist with the weekly payroll reconciliation process in both UFMS and FMIS; Assist with updating budgets and the overall maintenance and management of budgets in UFMS.
- Researching and responding to customer inquiries. Managing Helpdesk section responsible for addressing and routing inquiries.
- Bachelors Degree (Degree in finance, business or accounting desired)
- 3-5 years of financial management experience.
- Clearable (able to pass both a criminal background check and credit check).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Excel for financial analysis.
- Experience with federal government contracts.
- Experience with analysis of direct and indirect rates
E3/Sentinel is an equal opportunity employer and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) federal contractor. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. E3/Sentinel hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.