Financial Analyst- Travel PolicyCIVP5
4 months ago(6/18/2019 8:43 AM)
Civilian - E3/Sentinel’s Civilian Division employees support clients across the Department of Commerce, Department of Justice, Department of Transportation, General Services Administration, National Institutes of Health, and more. We enable our employees to use innovative technologies, proven best practices, and efficient processes to provide exceptional service to our Federal clients. With careers in IT program management, acquisition and category management, shared services planning, and education and training, our employees can advance their careers, collaborate with their teams, and deliver excellent mission results.
E3/Sentinel is looking for a Financial Analyst to work in Washington, DC. This position supports a government client in managing and enhancing the agency’s financial performance by providing support for Travel Policy, Reporting, Programs, and Operations, Maintenance Support by writing, training, and implementing travel and conference policies; conference program support; training support; preparing travel reports; and implementing travel and conference programs and initiatives.
- Performing gap analysis between existing policies and procedures and external laws and regulations.
- Recommending or updating existing financial management and travel management policies.
- Conducting analysis on new laws and regulations issued by external stakeholders in order to determine whether existing policies and procedures are impacted.
- Implementing the agency’s travel programs. Making recommendations on implementing the agency’s travel programs. Conducting analysis of the E-Gov Travel Service to determine gaps between existing policies and required E-Gov travel policies.
- Preparing outreach documents to include email announcements, meeting agendas and minutes, and memos that pertain to financial/travel and conference policies and programs.
- Preparing organizational charts and recommendations for financial/travel and conference policies and programs.
- Preparing risk management plans for financial/travel and conference policies and programs.
- Assistance with various reporting requirements. Assisting the Government with analyzing the Financial Management scorecards for all agency components and the agency's five year plan.
- Advising government staff on senior-level initiatives, such as travel and conference policies and programs, to include the agency's Travel Policy initiative, E-gov Travel system implementation initiative, and the Travel Card Program. Preparing, analyzing, and reviewing various internal and external reports required for travel and conference policies and programs. Developing databases, formats, or other vehicles for gathering, tracking and reporting the agency’s data and information.
- Bachelors Degree (Degree in finance, business or accounting desired)
- 3-5 years of financial management experience.
- Clearable (able to pass both a criminal background check and credit check).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Excel for financial analysis.
- Experience with federal government contracts.
- Experience with analysis of direct and indirect rates
EEO Statement (Select the Only Available Option)
E3/Sentinel is an equal opportunity employer and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) federal contractor. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. E3/Sentinel hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.