Facility Security Officer
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
Palantir's impact and productivity in the US Government (USG) space depends on our ability to navigate the world of government and industrial security efficiently and responsibly. We're looking for a Facility Security Officer (FSO) who can both arbitrate policy and processes around personnel and clearances, and partner with our business leaders to plan for the future in support of our Department of Defense (DoD) mission.
As a FSO, you'll be part of our USG Security Team, which is responsible for managing our personnel clearance program and our secure facilities and systems. The team ensures compliance with security policies, regulations and processes within complex organizations, while also enabling Palantir to get people and resources where we need them most. In this role, you'll provide outstanding knowledge and customer service to the Palantirians who depend on you to help them push the business forward.
Our Facility Security Officers are tenacious, resourceful individuals who challenge conventional approaches to find better ways to navigate intricate bureaucracies. You'll implement important processes, reimagining and optimizing along the way to ensure faster outcomes that align with our customers' compliance requirements.
- Daily execution of compliance across personnel and physical security programs within a given USG accredited facility.
- Responsible for mandatory USG reporting as it relates to our personnel, facility, and insider threat programs.
- Arbitrating policy and processes around personnel, clearances, and our facilities.
- Operate and optimize complex collateral, SCI, and SAP clearance application and collateral reinvestigation pipelines in order to scale and maintain Palantir's cleared workforce at pace with our USG business.
What We Value
- Effective communication with a customer service oriented mentality.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, with a willingness to contribute across additional critical, cross-team functions and projects.
- Demonstrated capability to think creatively, and develop strategies and processes that maintain a strong security posture while enabling business outcomes.
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the time preferred, but not required.
- Active US DoD Top Secret or active Secret clearance, with eligibility and willingness to obtain a TS or TS/SCI.
- Active Facility Security Officer Program Management for Possessing Facilities Certification.
- 3+ years experience in an AFSO or FSO capacity, possessing facility preferred.
- Expertise in navigating DISS, SWFT, e-QIP, ACCS and similar USG systems.
- Ability to be present onsite at a given facility within a 60-minute response time, with potential on call duties during after-hours, weekends, and holidays.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the positing is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.