We're Industry Dive, and we're on the cutting edge of business media. We are looking for bright, creative journalism interns who will be excited to get exposure to a variety of aspects of the modern digital editorial department. Sharp writing is a must, but we're also looking for candidates with a keen understanding of the value of curation, headlines, quick-takes, and a desire to write longer trend pieces. This role will begin in the summer of 2020.
You won't be cranking out endless quarterly reports or talking to the usual suspects here. You'll get a chance to own a product and use all your tools: Writing, editing and social media. You'll travel to industry events. You'll interview newsmakers. You'll get the satisfaction of working in an innovative newsroom that gives you the freedom to show your creative side.
- Report and write. Engage in original research and reporting on major business stories.
- Write stories that help our readers understand the most important developments in their business fields.
- Help our editorial team plan coverage and contribute to big projects.
- Participate in regular meetings to discuss stories from brainstorming to publication.
- Help manage and promote the social media presence for our publications.
- Be involved in strategy and execution for our social channels.
- Learn a beat. Read and search for top news in our industries, and learn what matters to our readership.
What you can bring to the table
- Writing and reporting skills.
- Interest in how news affects business.
- Critical thinking skills for evaluating stories and sources.
- Familiarity with common social media platforms.
- Creative thinking skills to brainstorm new ideas.
- Know how online content is read and transmitted.
- HTML or technical skills nice to have but not required.
Industry Dive is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
If you feel comfortable doing so please feel free to note which pronouns you use in your application (for example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, ze/zir/zirs, etc.)
Industry Dive will not be able to sponsor applicants for work visas.
About Industry Dive
Industry Dive was founded in 2012 to provide business leaders with the information they need to move industries forward. Since then, we have become one of the business world's fastest-growing providers of journalism, providing news and exclusive insights to 7+ million decision-makers in 16 different markets. Our team of reporters, editors, designers, and marketers help inform and connect the most competitive industries. Our insights spark innovation, fuel growth and shape agendas in every industry we cover.
Our office is a place where you work hard on clear monthly goals, have your voice heard, and shape the future of a growing media business. Located in the heart of Washington DC, our workspace boasts a lot of perks – whiteboard walls, treadmill desks, and a dedicated quiet room.
Industry Dive was selected as a “Best Place to Work“ by the Washington Post in 2017, 2018 and 2019 and by the Washington Business Journal in 2015, 2016 and 2017.