Established by chef and founder David Chang in 2004 with the opening of Momofuku Noodle Bar, Momofuku has grown to include restaurants in New York City, Sydney, Toronto, Washington, DC, and Las Vegas (Noodle Bar, Ssam Bar, Ko, Ma Peche, Seiobo, Noodle Bar Toronto, Daisho, Shoto, Fuku, Fuku+, CCDC, Nishi, Las Vegas, Fuku Wall St), a bakery established by award-winning pastry chef Christina Tosi (Milk Bar), a bar (Nikai), and a quarterly magazine (Lucky Peach). The restaurants have gained world-wide recognition for their innovative take on cuisine, while supporting local, sustainable and responsible farmers and food purveyors.
The Dishwasher will work to help the BOH to execute smooth service through dish and equipment upkeep. The ideal candidate will be excited to be a part of the team and to uphold the Momofuku standards and values.
- Washing all dishes and cooking equipment in a timely manner during and between restaurant services
- Clean cooking stations and equipment to help expedite service
- Clean and maintain FOH areas and curbside if requested by supervisor
- Keep open communication with BOH team and FOH team
- Maintaining cleanliness of any BOH work areas, including and not limited to refrigeration, cooking equipment, and prep areas
- Participate in deep cleaning of BOH work areas, including and not limited to refrigeration, cooking equipment, and prep areas
- Assisting in other BOH areas as needed including but not limited to basic food preparation.
Skills & Requirements
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and high energy environment
- Must possess thoroughness and time management skills
- Able to take constructive criticism, learn quickly and constantly improve
- Related experience preferred
- The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 5 to 10 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Momofuku reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Momofuku or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Momofuku is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.
What's in it for you?
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including vision/dental/medical, and gym and commuter discounts, plus more after required wait periods. We encourage our employees to grow and learn, and offer many opportunities for personal and career development.