Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and leading the category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
What’s even better than that?
We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
About the Team & Role
If this excites you, consider joining our Sales team as Director of Mid Market Sales. This position will be based out of our office located in Washington, DC (Interfolio Office).
We view this as a senior-level position, as part of our Sales Leadership Team reporting directly to the Chief Commercial Officer. The Director of Mid Market will lead our fastest-growing emerging market segment; you will be responsible for developing a GTM strategy which will include the deployment of your division’s outreach efforts between your Account Executives and Sales Development Representatives. Given this role and responsibility, you will need to have excellent management, mentoring, leadership and multitasking skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and motivate yourself to success. You will also need to be proficient in leveraging sales technology tools such as SFDC while being data-driven within his/her planning efforts.
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
- Source, hire, develop, motivate and develop high impact salespeople capable of meeting/exceeding sales quotaMonitor sales performance and hold salespeople accountable to the required level of sales activity and client relationships to ensure the achievement of business performance targets and standards
- Active management of team member’s weekly activities is essential including weekly attendance to the Monday Morning Sales Meeting, weekly office attendance and prompt use of Enterprise/Go Sell CRM systems which captures sales activities, sales pipelines, and account assignments
- Quantify and analyze the Total Addressable Market while developing a GTM strategy that maximizes coverage and return
- Establish a Power Formula (leads, meetings to opp conversion, coverage, average sale price, deal count) of success for the AE while holding them accountable to maintain that activity standards that support it
- Establish individual and team performance targets that align with overall business goals
- Monitor performance and take action, as necessary, to ensure timely resolution of performance issues and personnel changes required to ensure targets are achieved
- Develop and mentor all team members
- Grow regional/team revenues, meet and exceed annual sales growth targets
- Work with peer divisions (Marketing, Engineering, Services, Support and beyond) to build the foundational support structures needed to enable Interfolio to establish a strong regional footprint while also allowing for scale for future years to come
- Work with the AE’s to develop a thoughtful territory plan that will include: build and maintain a territory-based pipeline with detailed notes and staging in SFDC target account lists, TAM analysis, conference attendance, prospecting and outreach plans in concert with SDR team, demo and discovery across entire Interfolio portfolio to university administration, activity standards that support territory pipeline and achievement goals
- Represent Interfolio at conferences and other networking events
- Report to Chief Commercial Officer
- Excellent time management, mentoring, leadership and multitasking skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and motivate yourself to success
- Strong listening skills with a client service-oriented approach to solving problems
- Smart, creative and strategic thinking – we work with top-level academic personnel
- Has an ability to bring ingenuity to problem-solving
- Demonstrate high accountability and ownership over sales opportunities and client relationships
- Strong desire to advance your career in Sales - the unapologetic sales professional
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate, communicative, collaborative, supportive, honest, ethical, hardworking, dedicated, thoughtful, authentic
- Open to learning with a desire to seek opportunities for professional development
- Hungry to be successful and make a difference within the market you serve
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Willingness to take on additive “tiger team” responsibilities that go beyond the job description
- Adaptable in an exciting, fast-paced, action-packed work environment – we’re an early-stage growth company!
In addition, you should have
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Five or more years of sales management experience in enterprise SaaS solutions
- Education and/or Ed Tech industry experience/knowledge preferred
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with Solution Selling and Challenger methodology preferred
- Experience with extrapolating value from a functionally robust platform in an effort to solve real problems vs sell features
- History of achievement: Proven and consistent track record of exceeding revenue goals and closing complex, multi-year deals
- Ability to lead complex sales process at the C-level (CIO, CTO, CFO, Provosts, Presidents)
- Able to speak and write fluently in English (as a minimum requirement)Willing and able to travel up to 40% of the time
- Five or more years of progressive experience in a front line sales leadership role, preferably from an EdTech SaaS sales company
- Five or more years of experience directly managing 6-12 sales professionals, including the ability to attract, hire, train and develop a high performing sales team
- Experience managing sales efforts in a highly transactional, consultative sales-oriented, fast-paced organization with a short cycle-time sales model
Applicants for this position must currently reside in the continental United States. In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid time off, a wellness benefit, and professional development opportunities. Our culture sets us apart – we look forward to you learning more about us!