Cloud Lake Technology, an Akima Company, delivers highly specialized, data-centric services and technology solutions that break down organizational boundaries and transform mission delivery for government customers. Cloud Lake offers a challenging and rewarding work environment, competitive salary and benefits, and a wide variety of career development opportunities. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our company’s profits go back to our more than 14,000 Iñupiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.
We are looking for a Data Scientist who will support a Federal Government customer with improving their data management and support the implementation of a Data Governance Strategy. The ideal candidate is adept at reviewing numerous data sets to find opportunities for process improvements They must have strong experience using a variety of data analysis methods, using a variety of data analysis tools, and reviewing data models. A background in using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations is also desired. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions for improving existing data management processes, and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Recommend modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, and other business outcomes.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Review of Data Assets to determine gaps as they pertain to overall business requirements
- Analysis of ETL process to recommend solution improvements
- Coordinate with management on developing and implementing data management strategies.
- Strong problem solving-skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- 5-7 years of experience reviewing data sets and building statistical models
- 5 years Experience suporting US Government customers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field,
- Coding knowledge and experience with several languages: C, C , Java,
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Coremetrics, Adwords, Crimson Hexagon, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Periscope, Business Objects, D3, ggplot, etc.
- Ability to assist in product evaluation for UI/UX Data experience.
- 10 years of experience reviewing data sets and building statistical models
- Master's Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field
- 7 years Experience suporting US Government customers
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at email@example.com or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.