M9 Solutions is seeking a Data Architect to work remotely (during COVID) on a government contract for a client located in Washington, DC. Candidates must have the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 8+ years of BI development experience with 4+ of cloud analytics experience.
- Experience designing solutions in Azure data technology stack, Azure Data Factory, SQL Azure, Azure Data Lake, PowerBI, Azure CosmosDB, etc.
- Experience architecting and implementing BI solutions that can be deployed in production.
- At least 4 years of working in large Federal agency.
- Experience in setting up infrastructure within Azure environment.
- Experience in designing, documenting and presenting core architecture documents such as data flows, architecture diagrams, technical requirements/specifications, data lineage, data dictionary, etc.
- Experience in data modeling for on-premises, cloud based and hybrid applications.
- Undergraduate degree in technology (STEM preferred).
- Technical certifications like Azure Solutions Architect Expert.
- Experience in working on data solutions for implementations involving Microsoft Dynamics, Power Platform including Power BI is nice to have.
- Must be a US Citizen with ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Understand the client environment, client requirements and stated and unstated expectations
- As a Data Architect, understand business processes and technology ecosystem of the client environment to assess, design, implement and communicate technology architectures
- Envision the future, create a roadmap, and provide technical leadership to use the latest technologies to achieve business goals.
- Work closely with the team including analysts, data engineers, and technical project managers to design solutions, articulate technology choices, model data, provide estimates, and collaborate together to deliver a world class solution.
- Creation of descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics solutions using Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Analysis Services, Data Lake Analytics, Power BI.
- Design and configuration of data movement, streaming and transformation (ETL) technologies such as Azure Data Factory, SSIS, LogicApps, etc.
- Enablement of data reuse through Data Catalog/Marketplace, Metadata, Search and Governance technologies such as including Azure Data Catalog, Apache Solr, Azure Search, etc.
- Present the architecture, design documents to the client, rework based on comments and obtain client approval.
- Responsible for driving innovation and improving performance of the applications in scope.
M9 Solutions LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/women/veterans/disability
With 12+ years of proven delivery and steady growth, M9 Solutions is a unique small business with credible past performance and key capabilities offering project management services, solution architects, business analysts, program managers, technical architects, and technical consultants.
M9 was recognized as an Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, and 2012. M9 Solutions believes that work should be fun, rewarding, and something everyone can be excited about. We offer a competitive compensation package and value diversity in driving the vision of the company.