SOME Inc. exists to help the homeless and poor of Washington, DC. With over 30 programs throughout the District of Columbia, we provide a wide spectrum of services to the most vulnerable individuals and families of our city. We strive to provide success paths toward mental and physical health, continued sobriety, job training and employment with a living wage, affordable housing, and ultimately living independently and confidently.
SOME Inc. is currently seeking a full-time Chief Finance Officer
Position Overview: The Chief Finance Officer provides administrative oversight and all operations of the Finance and Billing Departments for SOME and affiliated entities. The Chief Finance Officer will also provide direction and oversight to the Information Technology department.
Required: Bachelors Degree, 5 years of experience in non-profit accounting and finance; 5 years of experience in a leadership or supervisory role.
Required License/Certification: CPA License
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of financial accounting systems, preferably Great Plains Software
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams
- Proficient with MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Strong administrative and supervisory skills are necessary
- Ability to attend meetings outside of SOME.
- Must have strong analytical, communication and strategic planning skills; including ability to work with the Chief Executive Officer, C-Suite Staff, board members, and other senior managers.
Reports to: President
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Follow the instructions to complete your on-line application profile to be considered. No phone calls please.
SOME Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, or liability for service in the Armed forces of the United States. SOME Inc. is also a Drug-Free Workplace.