FEDSYS is a professional services company focused on providing critical operational services, in challenging environments, to enable our government customers' mission success. FedSys areas of experience and expertise include information technology, language services, intelligence, security, program management, customs and border management, and staffing. Services include requirements analysis, engineering, facility and systems design, systems integration and installation, customization, programming, maintenance, support, translation and interpretation, and training. We are accepting applicants for current and future Linguist and Language analyst opportunities.
CAT III Linguists/Translators responsible for transcribing and/or translating source material, both printed and audio, providing, analysis and reporting of translated foreign language source material.
ALL POSITIONS ARE CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT AWARD
CONUS POSITIONS WILL BE ASSIGNED FORT GORDON, GA
OCONUS POSITIONS LOCATIONS ARE CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT AWARD
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct consecutive and accurate translation, transcription, and interpretation of on-going conversations and intelligence collection activities into, from and between the target language and English.
- Provide accurate idiomatic translations of non-technical material using correct syntax and expression from English to the target language or vice versa.
- Perform document exploitation (scan, research, and analyze foreign language documents for intelligence information).
- Provide the cultural and ethnic context of translations and interpretations and provide advice on the cultural and ethnic significance of statements, conversations, situations, documents, etc.
- Minimum work of 8 hours per day, 5 days per week or similar types schedules.
- Scan, gist, translate and transcribe foreign-language text and audio into correct idiomatic English.
- Prompt and regular attendance.
- Other duties as assigned by senior FedSys management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Near native proficiency in reading, writing and speaking in at least one of the following languages; Arabic, Arabic (Sudanese), Arabic (Iraqi), Arabic Iraqi (Levatine), Arabic (Levantine), Arabic (Yemeni), Arabic (Libyan), Arabic-Maghrebi (Tunisian, Libyan, French), Arabic (Tunisian), Hausa, Pashto, Pashto-Dari, Somali, Kanuri, Acholi, Pashto-Farsi, Pashto Persian, Chechen, Fulani, Russian, Sango, Swahili, Tamashek, Urdu.
- Must also have near native proficiency in reading, writing and speaking in English
- Has a good understanding of regional dialects
- Adheres to translation/transcription/interpretation protocols.
- Very good computer skills MS applications, Internet research
- Can review another linguist's work for accuracy of content and quality of written expression commensurate with his/her own ability as a translator
- Ability to supplement interpretations and translations with information pertinent and specific to professional fields such as military, education, science, medicine, engineering, legal, etc.
- Technical writing and editing skills.
- Previous experience working with the US Government Agencies and/or US Military
- Working proficiency in web-based technologies to include social media, Facebook and other Microsoft Office applications
The selected individual must be able to successfully pass a background and drug screening as a condition of employment. The selected individual may/will be subject to a Government security background investigation and must meet eligibility and suitability requirements. Clearance level requirement may be subject to change at the government's discretion. In this event, you will be required to obtain and maintain the required clearance for the duration of your employment. Incumbent may be selected at a higher or lower clearance level as specified by any change made by the Government.
- Required Security Clearance: Secret, TS and TS/SCI
- Must be able to pass CI Focus Interview
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
The physical demands described here, typical to that of an office environment, are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands along with fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment, typical to an office environment, characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Infrequent travel in support of business activities may be required.
Educational / Work Experience
- Two years' minimum experience as a professional translator and/or interpreter
- Knowledge of basic computer applications
- Must be able to perform full range of activities as a linguist i.e. translation, transcription, interpretation
- Must have or be able to achieve 3/3 IRL in the target language and English.
- Advanced professional capabilities
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and is not an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with it.
FedSys, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other criteria, the consideration of which is made impermissible by applicable law. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal “EEO is the Law“ poster at.
FedSys, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other criteria the consideration of which is made impermissible by applicable law.
Are you a returning applicant?Previous Applicants:Email:Password:
If you do not remember your password click here.