ECS is seeking a Technical Writer to work in our Washington, DC office. Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Carries duties of editing functional descriptions, system specifications, user's manuals, special reports, or any other customer deliverables and documents.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Assists in collecting and organizing information required for preparation of user's manuals, training materials, installation guides, proposals, and other reports and deliverables.
- Writes a variety of technical articles, reports, brochures, and/or manuals for documentation for a wide range of uses.
- Coordinates the display of graphics and the production of the document.
- Ensures content is of high quality and conforms with standards.
- BS Degree and 4+ years IT experience, as described below -- OR-- Formal IT Certification Equivalent and 6+ years IT experience, as described below
- Experience handling multiple tasks, changing priorities, and timely action;
- Experience writing/editing/packaging reports, briefings, presentations, functional descriptions, system specifications, guidance, project and ad hoc deliverables;
- Experience with Agile methodologies and Agile project management
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.