Incentive Technology Group (ITG) is a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial, technology company, seeking a motivated Business Analyst to support upcoming needs in Arlington, VA.
The Agile Business Analyst serves as a translator between technical teams and the client’s business community to collect, clarify, analyze and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design from which applications and solutions are developed. This position is within the context of an Agile team employing Scrum development framework. The Business Analyst defines detailed stories and epics, with applicable acceptance criteria in collaboration with product owners and ITG’s technology team, and facilitates meetings with client and internal technical and operational teams.
This position will be working directly with stakeholders, serve in both Business Analyst and Project Manager roles and must be able to communicate effectively via phone and web conferencing as many of stakeholders work remote.
In addition to supporting all phases of the project, this position will also be responsible for authoring content and peer reviewing a wide array of documents, including functional, technical, training as well as marketing, and proposals.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree
- 5+ years experience as a business analyst in a fast-paced application development environment
- 1-3 years recent experience working in an agile development environment as a business analyst (i.e., scrum, kanban, etc.)
- An understanding of the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) including recent successful and demonstrated experience with agile methodologies (Scrum) is expected
- Experience facilitating requirements gathering, Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions, capturing client requirements and feedback
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of various software development cycles (e.g., agile, waterfall,etc.); knowledge of requirements management, configuration management methodologies, along with corresponding support tools, i.e., JIRA, etc.
- Conceptual understanding of Object Oriented enterprise software system development processes, methodologies, as well as major technologies (such as Java and .Net) and approaches (such as modularity and SOA)
- Skilled at analyzing existing system documentation to summarize existing system functionality as it relates to the project at hand
- Good understanding of basic system technologies as they relate to the project deliverables
- Ability to maintain project plans, resourcing schedules and forecasted activities
- Experience with business process mapping and the use of project management software
- Ability to provide technical assistance and troubleshooting by effectively responding to inquiries
- Experience thriving in ambiguous software development environments
- Ability to work well under constantly changing deadlines and priorities
- Must be U.S. Citizen eligible for Secret Clearance