Requisition Number: BARTE01673
Cultivate your career with Viceroy Hotel Group and be a part of Hotel Zena.
Hotel Zena is a bold new cultural hub celebrating female empowerment through provocative art, design, and exciting and relevant programming. Centrally located to the downtown business district, Dupont and Thomas circles, and the Convention Center - Hotel Zena welcomes those who have passion for being part of a bold new story.
If you are inspired by challenges in a fast-paced environment, are thoughtful and entrepreneurial in your approach to opportunity, and if you possess a true passion for hospitality and genuine service, we are interested in speaking with you about our groundbreaking opportunity for a Rooftop Bartender.
The Rooftop Bartender provides customers with a high quality dining experience by performing a variety of duties such as:
- Take orders, prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to guests, courteously and efficiently according to Hotel specifications.
- Must possess or be able to posses TIPS certification within 30 days of employment
- Consistently follow proper protocols for handling and managing guests
- Maintain stock, supplies and cleanliness of bar and equipment.
- Serve food courses and alcoholic beverages to guests in dining area
- Set up bar and bar area according to outlet’s standards
- Consistently keep the bar area organized and clean
- Know all specialty cocktail ingredients and garnishes
- Participate in updated training for food, beverage, and service.
- Know the Pour Count for each drink and be able to follow pouring procedures
- Answer questions on menu selections and drinks to servers and guests
- Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, re-cooking orders, and product availability
- Record transaction in POS system at time of order
- Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas, china, glass, etc., throughout the day
- Complete closing duties, including restocking items, turning off lights, etc.
- Present physical and accurate check to guests and process payments
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards
- Anticipate and address guests` service needs
- Speak with others using clear and professional language
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others and support your team to reach common goals
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 60 pounds without assistance.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and/or Managers.
- Must be a Minimum of 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- 2 year(s) experience as a Bartender in a fast paced, high volume establishment
- Must have proficient command of the English language.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Provide outstanding memorable customer service and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Knowledgeable of credit card and cash handling procedures, as well as recording accurate tip-out sheets, and calculating accurate bill amounts.
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines desirable location, unique design, destination dining and personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success. If you are interested in working for a company with endless opportunities for advancement and growth, please apply online: www.viceroyhotelsandresorts.com/careers
Viceroy Hotel Group participates in the Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify Program to verify the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. EOE.