The Research Analyst within Carlyle’s U.S. Real Estate Group will primarily be responsible for supporting the investment and market research initiatives of the real estate team. This is a unique opportunity for an entry-level professional interested in real estate, economic and financial research to join a dynamic team that strategically invests across a broad range of geographies and real estate sectors.
The Research Analyst will support the Research team with important sourcing, acquisitions and asset management initiatives of Carlyle’s U.S. Real Estate Group. The integrity and timeliness of research analyses are critical to the strategic investment process of the team.
• Critically research and analyze data to provide research support for the following:
o Formulation of portfolio-specific investment strategies and opportunities segmented by sector and geography
o Implementation of Carlyle’s internal research frameworks to improve the efficiency, quality and consistency of fund analyses and portfolio tracking
o Facilitation of internal research requests and initiatives that support the team’s investment process
• Analyze economic, transaction and property market trends that impact real estate investments
• Work closely with the sourcing, transactions and asset management teams to gather data and provide analyses on geographic and sector trends for existing and pipeline investments
• Provide research support for both internal and external presentations and reporting, including but not limited to, materials for Investor Relations professionals, quarterly fund updates and internal asset meetings
• Undergraduate degree from a top tier university with a proven track record of academic success; 3.5 GPA or higher
• 1-3 years related experience in real estate analysis, economic and financial research
• Strong analytics acumen with the ability to interpret complex real estate concepts
• Ability to collect, interpret and manipulate large datasets
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Superior writing skills and ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret complex real estate documents and models
• Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think creatively about value creation strategies
• Highly motivated, proactive and efficient
• Strong verbal communication skills with experience in presenting detailed research
• Committed to high standards of excellence and ethics
• Strong attention to detail
The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG) is a global investment firm with $223 billion of assets under management across 362 investment vehicles as of June 30, 2019. Founded in 1987 in Washington, DC, Carlyle has grown into one of the world’s largest and most successful investment firms, with more than 1,775 professionals operating in 33 offices in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Australia. Carlyle’s purpose is to invest wisely and create value on behalf of its investors, which range from public and private pension funds to wealthy individuals and families to sovereign wealth funds, unions and corporations. Carlyle invests across four segments – Corporate Private Equity, Real Assets, Global Credit and Investment Solutions – and has expertise in various industries, including: aerospace, defense & government services, consumer & retail, energy, financial services, healthcare, industrial, real estate, technology & business services, telecommunications & media and transportation.
US Real Estate
Auto req ID