This position is located in the Executive Office of the President,
This is a Direct Hire Public Notice. Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
Category Rating, Veterans Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to this Public Notice.
Notice, more than one selection can be made within 90 days of the issuance of the certificate, if more vacancies occur.
Learn more about this agency
We are seeking an experienced Agricultural Economist with demonstrated proficiency in modeling and analyzing farm support programs, commodity markets, and/or agricultural or food policies.
As a AGRICULTURAL ECONOMIST, GS-0110-14, your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Serve as the primary advisor on OMB recommendations relative to budget execution and implementation for Commodity Credit Corporation, and on budget and policy issues related to farm economy
- Initiate analyses of and resolve Commodity Credit Corporation and farm policy, program, and budgetary issues related to assigned program areas and render advice for resolution of senior-level decisions
- Analyze legislative proposals and testimony for conformance with the policies and priorities of the President and monitor their progress through the congressional process
- Prepare formal budget submissions, amendments, supplemental, and other necessary materials to support Presidential programs and review such materials that come from agencies
- Initiate and monitor analytical work on farm support and agriculture program and policy issues
- Develop options based on detailed, quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Represent OMB views in interagency policy review processes and meetings
- Job family (Series)
- Policy Advisor
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national
- Selective Service registration is required if you are a male born after December 31, 1959.
- Subject to pre-employment and random drug tests.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Executive Office of the President will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify/.
- May be required to successfully complete a one year probationary period.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: All applicants must meet the qualification requirements outlined below to be considered minimally qualified for this position. The qualification requirements are in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standards.
ALL QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE MET BY THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.
- Degree: in agricultural or food & resource economics, that included at least 21 semester hours in economics and 3 semester hours in statistics, accounting or calculus. OR
- Combination of education and experience: courses equivalent to a major in economics, as shown in A above
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have a minimum of one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility comparable to the next lower grade or comparable pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector.
You may qualify at the GS-14 level, if you fulfill the following qualification requirement:One year of specialized experience at the GS-13 level with experience in the Federal government or comparable private sector experience which is directly related to the work of the position and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. For this position, specialized experience is applying advance economic research methodologies and quantitative analysis techniques to the conduct of complex economic research, analysis and outlook relevant to agriculture and food production and demand. Evidence of research project leadership and publication by a peer-reviewed journal, federal statistical agency, or nationally recognized independent research organization is required.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.