OBXtek Inc. is an established, award-winning, service disabled veteran owned business providing information technology and professional management services to the federal government. Our corporate growth has coincided with our investment in our employees as well as in outreach to our civilian and military community.
OBXtek is currently staffing for an Administrative Professional - Continuity of Operations Support Analyst at DHS-Office of the Chief Human Capital Officer (OCHCO)
The Continuity of Operations (COOP) Support Analyst shall assist in providing administrative support and assistance with coordinating the development and maintenance of COOP plans as part of an OCHCO wide continuity program.COOP support assistant shall assist OCHCO by interacting with agency executives, Federal government employees, consultants, contractors and others as necessary regarding continuity of operations planning.The contractor shall assist in the following:
- OCHCO in coordinating the developments and publishing of plans, track and report progress on contingency efforts
- Assist in the coordination of COOP Taskers issued by the CHCO Executive Secretary (CHCOExecSec).
- Assist in coordinating the development and written preparedness plans and operational procedures.Coordinate the development of, and publish plan updates, using technical tools Such as NXT Communicator and Personnel Accountability and Notification System (PANS) and programs, maintain records of plan status and assess quality of plans/documents.
- Assist in editing and managing agency continuity initiatives to increase agency-wide resiliency, assist in Researching best practices and case studies in continuity planning methodology and software tools.Assist in coordinating meetings, take minutes and disseminate information as necessary to support COOP planning.
- Assist with coordinating the OCHCO COOP teams to developing and conducting continuity of operations trainings and exercises.
- Researching tasks related to DHS business processes.
- Producing summaries of documents, such as periodical articles or white papers.
- Monitoring collection of data from Component stakeholders.
- Producing basic analyses of aggregated data using standard spreadsheet formulas, charts and graphs, and bulleted lists. Scheduling and logistics; meeting and deliverable tracking; document review; and basic filing.Assisting staff with supply orders and the routing of similar purchases through review and approval processes.
- Assisting in the planning and execution of regular and ad hoc meetings with internal and external stakeholders, including high-level working councils, to include drafting meeting agendas and presentation materials, supporting scheduling and logistics, maintaining rosters, and managing meeting notes and / or summaries and follow-up actions.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) to document administrative functions and business processes, such as workload management and deliverable tracking.
- Monitor accomplishments and assist in drafting summaries of progress for DHS senior leadership.
- Support other emergency preparedness and operational activities, as needed.
Must be able to obtain a DHS Suitability
The Administrative Professional - Continuity of Operations Support Analyst shall have a minimum of 3 years of experience:
- Supporting senior staff and officers at a government agency
- Coordinating, creating, and publishing written plans and operational procedures
- Maintaining records of plan statuses and assessing quality of plans and documents
- Editing, researching, and developing best practices and case studies
- Developing and conducting trainings and exercises
- Coordinating, researching, creating, writing, producing, editing, and publishing products including summaries of periodical articles/white papers, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Tracking correspondence, ensuring deadlines are met, communicating follow-up actions with task owner, and drafting responses to taskers as required.
- Providing meeting support including drafting agendas, scheduling, preparing briefing materials, taking and publishing meeting minutes.
- Preparing travel orders
- Government property control; office supply and inventory.
- Project coordination and control.
Bachelor's degree required.
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia and founded in 2009, OBXtek is a fast-growing leader in the government contracting field. Our mission is Our People…Our Reputation. Our people are trained professionals who enhance our customers' knowledge and innovation using technology, collaboration, and education.
We offer a robust suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, matching 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement plans and much more.
As a prime contractor for 93% of our current work, OBXtek pairs lessons learned across disciplines with industry standard quality practices such as CMMI-Dev Level III, ITIL, 6Sigma, PMI, and ISO. Our rapid growth has been recognized by INC500, the Washington Business Journal, and Washington Technology magazine.
OBXtek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.