About FTI Consulting
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. With more than 4,600 employees located in 28 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges and make the most of opportunities. The Company generated $1.81 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2017. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please click here for more information.
FTI Consulting does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. FTI Consulting will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
The FTI Consulting Technology practice offers clients a comprehensive portfolio of e-discovery software, services and consulting support to help them streamline processes that are often reactive and risk-prone. This helps them control the risk and expense of e-discovery events more confidently. Our team of global professionals and industry leaders includes e-discovery experts, software developers, and forensic specialists who are experienced in many of the largest e-discovery matters of the past decade. We work directly with corporations and their law firms on the front lines, helping them with challenges such as collection from the cloud, multinational discovery, and e-discovery cost control.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
This position is a part of FTI Consulting's Acuity team which includes supporting, coordinating, managing and participating in document reviews at the direction of FTI clients. As part of their role, this position will primarily utilize Ringtail FTI platform, but deep knowledge of alternative platforms is also helpful.
The Review Manager is responsible for simultaneously managing multiple client matters as well as developing and initiating new relationship with existing and prospective clients. The Review Manager should be able to provide high level substantive review workflow and review strategy advice to clients. The person in this role should be able to independently manage reviews, and review workflows. They will be responsible for matters from developing the initial proposal to collection of the final bill. Other responsibilities are to provide: input for general management, including scheduling, resource allocation, revenue projections and operational process and procedures.
- Lead and manage reviews independently. Set review workflow and strategy, run review and manage client relationship from beginning to end of project and beyond project scope.
- Create and monitor timelines for completion of various phases of review.
- Be on site in order to supervise review teams in real time.
- Work closely with operations and human resources team to on-board and off-board reviewers.
- Assist sales team and consultants in Acuity sales pursuits, generate own Acuity up-selling to existing clients. Be instrumental through the entire process from opportunity identification, to proposal preparation, to consultative sale, to closing of contract.
- Develop initial budget with the team for each case and ensure adherence to that budget
- Work closely with the client, the FTI service delivery team, and project review team to ensure that lines of communication between all project participants are established and maintained during the course of the engagement and that a mutual understanding of the scope of work and related costs exists between both parties.
- Coordinate, counsel, and manage project review team to ensure the accuracy and throughput of the document review., Manage several projects simultaneously.
- Set up, supervise and complete a privilege log with attorney team. Monitor review speeds and progress on a regular basis and implement and oversee a quality control protocol.
- Interview and build project review teams, with focus on developing go-to regional and substantive reviewers for use on a variety of projects.
- Train and guide team leads and review teams.
- Provide detailed substantive review support for the client and project review team on the use of review tools, including Ringtail and Document Mapper on Ringtail, both on site, at client locations and remotely.
- Communicate with client and/or outside counsel to scope substantive parameters of the project, select proper review tool and repository, and estimate project timelines and budgets.
- Be able to suggest appropriate uses and review workflows, including the ability to integrate quality control workflows involving the client and senior project reviewers.
- Build and foster relationships with client contacts.
- Define the scope of work to include a list of deliverables and deadlines. Oversee progress of work to ensure delivery of all work product within established timeframes and standards of quality.
- Manage expenditures within budget estimates. Work with project manager to maintain communication with client and project team regarding changes to proposed work and budget.
- Insure inputs to billing system accurately reflect case status, revenue projections and authorized budgets.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with other offices and departments in the company. Promote uniformity of office procedures and consistent high quality of final work product.
- Travel as required to ensure effective management of case activities. (Minimal notice possible.)
- Minimum 4 years of legal/electronic discovery experience or document review environment.
- Minimum 4 years' experience supporting document review software applications, preferably in document-intensive cases is preferable.
- Experience interfacing with end-client – either corporation, outside counsel or both.
- J.D. required.
- B.S. or a B.A. college degree required.
- Must be barred, active and in good standing.
- Flexibility - ability to work under tight deadlines, ability to handle multiple tasks through prioritization and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Uses technology assisted review to ferret out the most responsive documents more quickly.
- Speaks/reads a language other than English and has supervised a foreign language review a plus but not required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing and working with people in a team environment.
- Broad knowledge and experience on participating in and managing wide variety of document reviews.
- Antitrust or Foreign Corrupt Practices Act experience is a plus.
- Has supervised a case using predictive coding.
- Strong technical skills. Experience with Ringtail a plus.
- Experience with budget development and working with spreadsheets.
FTI Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Citizenship Status Accepted: USA Citizenship, Permanent Resident, H1B Visa
- Exempt or Non-Exempt?: Exempt