Our client is a trade association management company, magazine publisher and video content creator with a specialization in multifamily real estate development & finance and equity release and reverse mortgage finance.
The primary role of the Accounting Manager is to support the finance and accounting functions. The Accounting Manager must be able to provide accurate and timely financial reporting by performing a variety of accounting duties for multiple entities. The Accounting Manager will be managing the transactional level detail, full accounts payable and accounts receivable cycle, general ledger account reconciliations, preparing financial schedules and analysis. In addition, this position supports the Controller with the monthly close process, financial and compliance audit preparation, and annual tax filings.
Knowledge, Education & Experience :
- Must have a BS in Accounting, public accounting and not for profit experience preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 5-7 years board accounting experience.
- Proficiency in applying general accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Intermediate Excel skills required.
- Experience with Sage 50 or similar accounting software, Mineral Trees and Association Anywhere required.
- Ability to perform various Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger & Payroll duties
- Detail-oriented as well as strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.