The Regional Account Manager – Channel Sales is responsible for reseller and end-user business within their Mid-Atlantic (Washington D.C., DE, East PA, MD, NC, VA) sales territory; will deepen or develop relationships with reseller sales teams (including design engineers, sales engineers, marketing managers and executives); identify and develop new resellers; identify new end-user opportunities in various vertical markets. This position will be based from your home office in the Washington D.C. metro area.
At least 40% of the Regional Account Manager’s (RAM) time focuses on growing end-user sales, including both new and existing accounts; investigating dormant accounts to determine if opportunities exist; develop and find new business within existing end-users; identify and develop relationships with key reseller salespeople; and create a plan to target top accounts in various verticals such as higher education, corporate, signage, and transportation.
Reseller Focus (60% or more of time):
- Maintain relationships with Pro Audio Visual (AV) and Information Technology (IT) resellers
- Train reseller salespeople on Sharp/NEC products and promotions
- Support local reseller events; keep them informed of product roadmaps and pricing
- Identify and develop relationships with Sharp/NEC competitor’s top reseller accounts
- Provide sales coverage national and regional reseller local offices.
- Work with inside sales team as needed to support second tier reseller accounts for which they have primary responsibility
- Participate in local distributor shows and events; work with local distributor reps to develop reseller business; co-brand and share cost of reseller specific events
Enterprise / End-User Focus (40% or more of time)
- Identify, develop, and sell Sharp/NEC into new and existing enterprise accounts
- Re-evaluate dormant end-users accounts and determine level of opportunity
- Develop relationships with Sharp/NEC’s strategic business partners, and formulate strategies that identify and grow sales
- Become an expert on Sharp/NEC’s products and technology
- Track enterprise efforts in Salesforce, continually update notes and dates, prepare monthly forecast report
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience selling in the Pro AV and IT channel; digital signage display and/or projector sales experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to drive sales of a manufacturer’s full product line through channel partners
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including influencing, sales and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to develop and manage successful account business strategies that increase market share and profitability
- Experience with digital signage systems including, but not limited to video walls, multi-display arrays, digital menu board solutions, enterprise software signage solutions including direct view LED
- Technical product knowledge within the high-tech industry – Sharp/NEC products preferred.
- Experience with solution sales or consultative sales experience
- Experience with complete solutions/application sales process
- Proven experience developing and managing account relationships
- Experience with Salesforce.com or other customer relationship management (CRM) tool including forecasting and maintaining an actionable pipeline and Microsoft Office
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Travel up to 50%
- Ability to work independently from a home office