The work we do every day matters. From modernizing the grid and ensuring safe, reliable water delivery to creating smarter cities, you can make an impact with Itron.
Itron's Waseca, MN location is seeking an Electrical Engineer that designs, modifies and manages activities for a specific product or group of products from product definition and planning through production and release. Serves as the central resource with design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing as the product(s) move to completion and distribution. Involvement lasts throughout all stages of a product's lifecycle, from product release through maintenance of the product and end of life decisions. Promotes investigation and application of new technologies and industry trends to product management activities. Ensures that products shipped meet specifications and quality goals.
- Develop new products.
- Support existing products.
- Troubleshoot electronics.
- Improve processes.
- Training of less-experienced personnel.
- Coordinate and verify the work of support staff (technicians and CAD Designers).
- Communicate product development updates to project team and management.
Experience: This position requires a minimum 2 years of related experience.
- Experience with electronic analysis equipment including power supplies, multimeters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Experience with electronic components – design, validation, reliability, supply chain
- Experience developing, reading, and understanding electronic schematics
- Experience with printed circuit board assemblies (PCBA)
- Experience with bills of material (BOM), Engineering Change Orders (ECO) and component specifications for purchase
- Experience with scripting or writing code for automated testing is a plus
Education: Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
Travel: 1 - 10%
Physical Demands: This is a typical office job, with no special physical requirements or unusual work environment.
Itron is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, veteran status, disability, genetic information, gender identity or other characteristics protected by law. If you require an accommodation in order to apply to this position, please contact your local recruiting representative at 1-800-635-5461 or email Accessibility@itron.com.
Itron enables utilities and cities to safely, securely and reliably deliver critical infrastructure services to communities in more than 100 countries. Our portfolio of smart networks, software, services, meters and sensors helps our customers better manage electricity, gas and water resources for the people they serve. By working with our customers to ensure their success, we help improve the quality of life, ensure the safety and promote the well-being of millions of people around the globe. Itron is dedicated to creating a more resourceful world. Join us: www.itron.com.