Requisition Number: RETUR02517
Bluestem Brands is the parent company to 5 dynamic eCommerce retail brands run by our Northstar and Orchard Portfolios. With so many distinct retail brands and a national footprint, there is always something exciting happening at Bluestem Brands.
We are seeking temporary Returns Processors for our new Returns Processing Center in Warren, PA. In this role, you will perform routine clerical/manual work involving merchandise returned from customers, adjust customers’ accounts using computer programs designed for this function, including returns, exchanges, new orders, catalog requests, cash & check payments and address changes. You will also visually inspect merchandise returned from customer and perform superficial (non-solvent) cleaning and brushing to restore apparel to good condition whenever required and reclassifies inspection output according to condition.
***These temporary positions will last approximately 6 months***
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accesses the customer’s account via computer programs and adjusts the customer’s account according to the customer’s specifications.
- Confirms the identity of each returned unit.
- Removes products from packaging and inspects for manufacturer defect and/or signs of use. Removes accumulated lint or dust with lint roller.
- Determines ultimate destination of products (i.e., good stock, reconditioning, manufacturer, liquidate or burn). Adjusts inventory via specifically designed computer program, or designated forms. Repackages products appropriate to designated destination and according to pre-established measurements and instructions.
- Applies a bar code tag (created upon command of a computer driven printer) to the product’s polybag. Places completed merchandise onto a conveyor or in tubs or totes when needed.
- May perform garment reconditioning using solvents and special equipment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Ability: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other associates of the organization.
- Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all unites of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, should be knowledgeable in CRT/Keyboard use. Specifically: CWDIRECT, PkMS and HighJump.
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is required to stand and walk and may occasionally sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Distinguish colors