Large Assembly Operator
SUMMARY: Will perform assembly and rebuild duties on large commercial clutches
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following
- Assemble and package product per print, routings and or instructions per schedule
- Performs receiving functions as required for all Industrial customer returned product.
- Kit jobs as needed per BOM, routing and print
- Prepare components for assembly
- Deburr, prep and paint components as needed for assembly
- Laser mark components and assemblies to support production
- Perform testing and all quality checks as required per print, routing and instruction
- Ensure assistance from inspection, quality, or management is requested promptly
- Maintain all required documentation including traceability, serial numbers and ensure that necessary paperwork is readied and in proper order
- Proactively inform Production Supervisor of any slippages in the daily build schedule
- Maintain and support stocking system-alert supervisor when component stock is out of order
- Perform any rebuild, teardown or rework of customer supplied product
- Follows all safety and work rules.
- Performs other duties as assigned as required under this classification.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Prior manufacturing, assembly or rebuild experience is preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as drawings, operating instructions and procedure manuals
- Must possess a demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Experience with hand tools
- Must be physically able to lift 50 lbs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, use of hand tools and the ability to use material handling devices. Must be able to sit or stand as necessary in the work area.
Formsprag Clutch is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer
High School diploma or GED equivalent
Prior manufacturing, assembly or rebuild experience is preferred
Basic computer skills
Ability to read and interpret documents such as drawings, operating instructions and procedure manuals
Must possess a demonstrated mechanical aptitude
Experience with hand tools
Must be physically able to lift 50 lbs.